Adaptive headlights without Forscan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good call. I feel bad when I ignore them or even worse when I flash back. but they should automatically adjust down. based on weight though.

Raptor2022

Reaction score
oh, that's another reason. apparently, our lights are too high. I've mentioned it to techs at 2 different stealerships and they both said it's a-ok and up to specs, but literally every 5th vehicle flashed on me until I took my trusty phillips screwdriver under the hood only to find out that it's way too short to adjust damn lights. Anyway, quick run to hardware store, manually adjusted them down... no more flashes ever and they still shine pretty far out.
I'd also want to take a moment and appreciate on how WIDE our high beams are. Compared to my previous truck it adds tons of confidence that you'll be able to see that damn deer much sooner

Raptor2022

Reaction score
good call. I feel bad when I ignore them or even worse when I flash back. but they should automatically adjust down. based on weight though.
they do adjust. just not low enough. Ford prolly forgot they make other cars too. and those other cars are indeed getting severely blinded by us. believe me I've tried when I was adjusting it :)

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have several darker or shadowed lines in their headlight light beam? When driving at night I have a very noticeable shadowed line on the road about 20 to 30 feet in front of the truck from the headlights. It even dips slightly on the left side where oncoming traffic would be.

Note that I do not have glare free turned on.