Adaptive headlights without Forscan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning all!

I have had a 21 Gen 3 for about a year now, and am wondering if there is a way to activate the ability to use the adaptive headlights without using Forscan?

The option to turn them on isn’t in my settings menu, and I would love to not mess with Forscan and risk my warranty.

Is there a way to have a dealer flash it so they are available? Am I missing some secret sauce to use them?

It is an 801a, fully loaded with all options minus 37 pckg.

You would think Ford would push an OTA update for the first gen 3’s so we can use the features our trucks have.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean by adaptive? Also, dealerships will not flash anything that isn’t already on your truck.

Edit: Are you referring to adaptive bending?

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning all!

I have had a 21 Gen 3 for about a year now, and am wondering if there is a way to activate the ability to use the adaptive headlights without using Forscan?

The option to turn them on isn’t in my settings menu, and I would love to not mess with Forscan and risk my warranty.

Is there a way to have a dealer flash it so they are available? Am I missing some secret sauce to use them?

It is an 801a, fully loaded with all options minus 37 pckg.

You would think Ford would push an OTA update for the first gen 3’s so we can use the features our trucks have.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Are you referencing the “glare free” feature which selectively dims sections of the headlight pattern to allow for maximum light at all times without blinding oncoming traffic?

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referencing the “glare free” feature which selectively dims sections of the headlight pattern to allow for maximum light at all times without blinding oncoming traffic?
No sir! While that’s also seems great and something goes should push OTA, I’m talking specifically about the adaptive feature where the headlights turn as the wheel turns.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by adaptive? Also, dealerships will not flash anything that isn’t already on your truck.

Edit: Are you referring to adaptive bending?
That may be one and the same with what I’m referring! I speaking to where the headlights turn as you turn the wheel. For some reason my 21 doesn’t have the option in the settings menu to turn them on, even though I have the full 801a

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as above, mine bend when I turn, no control to turn it on/off.

Regarding glare free - you can turn it on with Forscan, and it appears to work, but I don't think anyone has actually confirmed that it works correctly (ie: it actually shuts off parts of a light matrix)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same as above, mine bend when I turn, no control to turn it on/off.

Regarding glare free - you can turn it on with Forscan, and it appears to work, but I don't think anyone has actually confirmed that it works correctly (ie: it actually shuts off parts of a light matrix)
I can confirm that it works. Really can notice out on dark Country roads.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the auto high beam part works, but you can see the matrix turn off specific locations for oncoming vehicles?
Yes. really noticable if there are trees on the road sides. You can see the tree line slowly dim when a car is coming and slowly brighten back up after a car has gone. It only dims on the left Side where the oncoming traffic is.