GEN 2 Adaptive Cruise Issue - Ford Collision Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Holcomb

Reaction score
The day I picked up my 2019 Raptor; I tried to engage the adaptive cruise.

I pressed the on button and then hit set. At that moment an alarm went off on the dash saying “Ford Collision Warning” and then changed to say “The Collision Warning system has detected a fault or obstructed sensor” this then turns off the adaptive cruise. It won’t let me engage and it now doesn’t monitor the lane or any vehicles in front.

Since then it’s happened about every other time I have tried to use the adaptive cruise.

So I took it in last week as I thought it was just a sensor problem. The dealership was idiots and thought I just didn’t know how to work the cruise.

Today they called to tell me they talked to Ford and are waiting to talk to them tomorrow.

Anyone ever have anything similar?

Tangermean

Reaction score
My Wife's 2012 Ford Explorer does the same thing, I have cleaned all around the sensor, and it didn't help. I want to try and replace the sensor but its 800 something dollars so we have decided to live with it for now.