Adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Attackpilot

Reaction score
So I had to replace my Cruise control module. My question is, the Ford dealership the only place I can have it programmed? Is this something forscan can do?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be able to do it with forscan. Just need to get the data off the old one or manually insert the data in the new module.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldn't it be covered under warranty? they need to calibrate it during the install too.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Cruise Control Module (CCM) requires both a vertical and horizontal alignment procedure. The vertical is performed needs to be performed on a perfectly level surface, such as an alignment bay. The horizontal procedure, also called CCM calibration, requires IDS. I don’t believe ForScan has that capability, but you could check.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine sucks. I have the ADD relocation bracket and no matter how much I try to adjust it, it always kicks off and says sensor blocked. Apparently they're insanely sensitive so you have to make tiny adjustments and try it. Been chasing it for several months now...let us know what you figure out as I'm curious if it needs some FORscan love...

OP
OP
Attackpilot

Attackpilot

Reaction score
shouldn't it be covered under warranty? they need to calibrate it during the install too.
Yes. How ever someone’s trailer hitch went into my skid plate. This caused the module to break where it bolts on. So I bought one off line thinking it would be plug and play. The old one works but Is held in place with a zip tie. I don’t want to keep it that way.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
Can you show us how you mounted it, a special mount, or did you make one?
I have the bajamod ACC relocation kit (nick at apollo hooked it up). Puts it in the grill under the R. You have to remove about 3 of the motorized flaps and drill a couple of holes but it wasnt that bad, just a little nerve racking. I was concerned about the recalibration, but it seems to function perfectly.