Adams Polishes UV ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their site doesn’t show it, you want the UV ceramic kit. They need to update the site. U can call them or order on amazon

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the Adam’s spray ceramic so much on the wife’s vehicle that I ended up doing the Adam’s UV full ceramic on the truck. Took me a few days for the process to correct and polish etc before coating but it’s fantastic. Extremely impressed and much easier to clean now. I did two coats and also bought their wheel ceramic kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the UV ceramic coat yesterday. I ended up doing a single pass on most panels with the white polish / pad as my paint had minimal swirl marks with only 12k miles. I tested a spot on the hood with the blue compound first to see if it was needed but comparing it with the other half the of the hood with only the polish, there wasn't a noticeable difference so compound wasn't used.

I will say from my experience that maybe I went too heavy on the coating. I say this as I only had about 1/3 to 1/4 of the ceramic coating left in the bottle which left me only doing a second coat on the hood. I did however do almost the entire truck. All painted panels, front bumper, plastics, and windshield, and all windows. Additionally I don't have the sunroof so maybe I used up more on the roof as the ceramic coat seemed to stretch further with glass.

I was in a garage building without AC and ambient temps were probably about the high 70's to 80 degrees so maybe the product was curing faster and not spreading as far. The "rainbow" effect is quite hard to see on the white paint and the UV light is useful but makes the ceramic coat look almost pink instead of blue. I could see it being easier to apply on darker vehicles with the UV light to track it.

All of that being said, I got it on sale during the 4th of the July so even if the results aren't perfect and don't hold up as long as a professional job, I'll say the $200 for the ceramic paint kit and wheel kit plus a day of my time was money well-spent. The initial results looked quite promising and the factory beadlocks looks pretty dang good as well with the coating. I will pick up my truck in a few hours after allowing the 24 hour cure time pass.

With the ceramic boost in the kit, is that being used as a final spray after the 24 hour cure or just to refresh the finish every so often? The kit instructions don't say to do it after the 24 hour cure but youtube videos of shops using the Adams kit are showing them hitting it with the boost spray before calling it done.

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the UV ceramic coat yesterday. I ended up doing a single pass on most panels with the white polish / pad as my paint had minimal swirl marks with only 12k miles. I tested a spot on the hood with the blue compound first to see if it was needed but comparing it with the other half the of the hood with only the polish, there wasn't a noticeable difference so compound wasn't used.

I will say from my experience that maybe I went too heavy on the coating. I say this as I only had about 1/3 to 1/4 of the ceramic coating left in the bottle which left me only doing a second coat on the hood. I did however do almost the entire truck. All painted panels, front bumper, plastics, and windshield, and all windows. Additionally I don't have the sunroof so maybe I used up more on the roof as the ceramic coat seemed to stretch further with glass.

I was in a garage building without AC and ambient temps were probably about the high 70's to 80 degrees so maybe the product was curing faster and not spreading as far. The "rainbow" effect is quite hard to see on the white paint and the UV light is useful but makes the ceramic coat look almost pink instead of blue. I could see it being easier to apply on darker vehicles with the UV light to track it.

All of that being said, I got it on sale during the 4th of the July so even if the results aren't perfect and don't hold up as long as a professional job, I'll say the $200 for the ceramic paint kit and wheel kit plus a day of my time was money well-spent. The initial results looked quite promising and the factory beadlocks looks pretty dang good as well with the coating. I will pick up my truck in a few hours after allowing the 24 hour cure time pass.

With the ceramic boost in the kit, is that being used as a final spray after the 24 hour cure or just to refresh the finish every so often? The kit instructions don't say to do it after the 24 hour cure but youtube videos of shops using the Adams kit are showing them hitting it with the boost spray before calling it done.
Use the ceramic boost after the cure, and then use it after every 4-5 washes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that they have the UV Graphene, I have been debating on switching over to that. I just put a few coats of UK 3.0 on last year, so I don't really want to polish that off so we'll see.

FYI, I've seen two Raptor owners complain of a purple dying of the plastic inner headlight trim. Definitely put it on very thin around that area.