Adam's Polishes 20th Anniversary SALE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheelz96

Reaction score
Thanks. Now compared to a normal wash, I always gave the truck a pre-rinse then added soapy sponge and elbow grease. With the foam cannon do I just soak entire truck in suds and then go over entirety with wet sponge and rinse? Am I missing something? Just curious to hear the process people use with foam cannon and trying to understand what the benefit is compared to old fashion two bucket system.

I have plenty of experience washing race trailer, vehicles, clay packed sprint cars, and my race bike but never had a foam cannon. Worth the investment?

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Now compared to a normal wash, I always gave the truck a pre-rinse then added soapy sponge and elbow grease. With the foam cannon do I just soak entire truck in suds and then go over entirety with wet sponge and rinse? Am I missing something? Just curious to hear the process people use with foam cannon and trying to understand what the benefit is compared to old fashion two bucket system.

I have plenty of experience washing race trailer, vehicles, clay packed sprint cars, and my race bike but never had a foam cannon. Worth the investment?
Using the two bucket wash method, I will foam the vehicle first, then scrub the wheels (let foam , then I soap wash the vehicle (one bucket rinse, one soap; dip wash mit into rinse then soap) and then spray rinse the vehicle and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dboat

Reaction score
What is the best method, tools and product to clean the running boards? They and the spray in bedliner are tough to get clean.
Dana

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I still have some stuff but all of it has worked every bit as well as advertised and raved about by users here. So I bought some more stuff and new stuff.

Looking forward to the results... Not so much the work involved in getting the results but looking forward to trying out some of the new stuff from Adams.

:cool:

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just ordered the Foam Cannon Car Wash Kit and couldn't be more excited to try a foam cannon for the 1st time. Any pro tips?

Like Steve said above, fill the bottle with water first and then add the shampoo. If you add the shampoo first, then you will get suds when adding the water.

The adjustment knob on top controls how much shampoo solution is drawn into the stream of water. You want to adjust the know so that you get enough shampoo mixture to make foam, but not so much that it empties out the bottle too fast. A full bottle should be enough for the full wash on a truck, assuming that you are foaming the truck as you go, instead of using a bucket of suds for washing.

Keep in mind that even with the Foam Cannon providing the suds, you still need to use a rinse bucket to clean out your wash pad in between panels.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is the best method, tools and product to clean the running boards? They and the spray in bedliner are tough to get clean.
Dana

Use Tire & Rubber Cleaner on the running boards and bedliner. I prefer to use a small dish brush, as it works well to get into the vents on the running boards. If there is a lot of built-up dirt, you may have to scrub and rinse a few times to work the dirt out of all the pores.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You still need to rinse first, to remove as much dirt as possible before touching the paint, as this helps avoid scratching the paint.

I use the Foam Cannon in place of the suds bucket in a typical two-bucket wash. After rinsing, I do not foam the entire truck, as the foam will be on the ground before you finish going over th truck with the wash pad. You still need to use the rinse bucket to clean out your pad between panels.

dboat

Reaction score
Use Tire & Rubber Cleaner on the running boards and bedliner. I prefer to use a small dish brush, as it works well to get into the vents on the running boards. If there is a lot of built-up dirt, you may have to scrub and rinse a few times to work the dirt out of all the pores.
Thank you very much! I will give this a try.