Adams ceramics at 14 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I finally got around to cleaning the truck thoroughly since late June of 2020. At that time I did a full wash, prep and wax using Adams ceramic wax- not the new graphene stuff. The hood and roof were still beading water, and doing it really well, once cleaned up. None of the side panels were beading water, but I really wasn’t expecting anything for this long between cleanings. I moved in with existing drought restrictions and they lasted into the winter, so I just kept putting it off once we were out of drought season.

It was a long day. The front needed some bug remover, side panel dirt was heavy and persistent. I basically washed every panel twice. Once I had it clean on one side, I lost my shade and it was a dog fight to keep the water from spot drying in the TX sun. With some elbow grease I got the spots under control and started the process to wax the truck, - same deal - Adams prep and ceramic wax. Once it was washed and prepped, she was looking good. I figure with a more disciplined cleaning regimen I can save these marathon cleanings for much more rarely. So I’ll be paying attention to the cleaning little more frequently and can probably go a few months and put some of that ceramic renewer to the test.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It must be a Pirus, LOL!

Damn auto correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I'm must be a Pirus, LOL!

You are indeed a pirus :) whatever that is...

Man, tough crowd and I must point out this gratuitous rule violation. The dreaded prius owner label must be used judiciously, which is why we do it up front, with new users.

cleanedrap.jpg

#StillNotaprius

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
yeah, now I have to get all the wax spots. if there’s JUST one, it will drive me bananas.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
I am with you here in Texas, if I don't jump on washing and drying first thing in the morning, I'm done by 0830 as the sun creeps around the big oak in driveway. I did purchase the new Adams graphine, but need about 3 cloudy days in a row. With the wash, paint corrections, etc plus it needs a 24/48 hour set time. So going to be tough. Hoping this fall will give a chance.

But yours is looking great!!

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’ve got the graphene stuff too, but figure I’ll use the ‘peasant’ ceramic first ;-)

Man, I have picked up cr@p ton of rock chips. I’ve got touch up, but I gotta admit that I absolutely suck at touching up rock chips. In fact, it would be fair to say that this is a repair that quite simply has my number. Got some work to do there.

But, I agree, Lucille is looking FINE.