Active steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GPS

Reaction score
Hello,
How I can find out if my Raptor, 2019 fully loaded has the active steering? I would like to buy the carbon steering wheel but it is not compatible with active steering.
Installation and instruction show steering wheel buttons control same as mine, mean sport/normal/comfort. Is this the active steering?

Thanks for your help.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No such system as “Active Steering” so not sure what they’re referring to. Maybe they’re referring to Adaptive Steering? That system is available on Super Duty, but not F-150. If the steering wheel fits both vehicles that might be what they’re referencing.

OP
OP
GPS

GPS

Reaction score
Many thanks for your replay. They refer to "Active steering on newer F.150", reading the manual book no reference at all about this feature. Maybe the Platinum has it?
I found this, the red circle marks the Active steering system, anyone of you have this kind of steering?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Active steering.png
    Active steering.png
    987.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
GPS

GPS

Reaction score
Line assist correct automatically the steering or just advise that you are out of your line? Looking at our book the correction is not automatically, driver need to do it.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lane assist can be turned on and off. If on the lane assist feature senses you too close to a lane line (cameras in side mirrors) and assists you to get back to the middle of the lane. Not sure if this is an 802a feature but my 2018 Screw has this feature and I turned it off a long time ago.

OP
OP
GPS

GPS

Reaction score
Here in Jamaica is totally useless, no lines on the roads... Package 802A has it, I have it off from day one!
I keep searching but still not find what the heck is the Active steering and if our truck has it.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[...](cameras in side mirrors)[/...]
I believe the cameras you're referring to are in front of the rear view mirror, centered at the top of the windshield. There are no cameras in the side mirrors. Unless you have some sort of feature I'm unaware of...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the cameras you're referring to are in front of the rear view mirror, centered at the top of the windshield. There are no cameras in the side mirrors. Unless you have some sort of feature I'm unaware of...
Cameras in the side mirrors are part
Of the 360 camera option. Front and rear cameras also make up the system. The camera in top of the Winshield is what the lane keep assist uses. It may be used for AEB and adaptive cruise as well. But the front radar sensor should be handling this.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cameras in the side mirrors are part
Of the 360 camera option. Front and rear cameras also make up the system. The camera in top of the Winshield is what the lane keep assist uses. It may be used for AEB and adaptive cruise as well. But the front radar sensor should be handling this.
Yeah, sorry, I should have said that I don't think there are any cameras in the side mirrors that are used for the lane keep assist. Sorry for the confusion.