GEN 2 Active Noise Control (Fake Engine) Disable How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh c'mon, the Marketeers are never wrong, just ask them!

So does the G2 come with active noise cancelling in addition to fake engine sounds? Can I disable the latter with Forscan (I know that is a yes) without also disabling active noise cancellation (if that is actually separate)?

This is covered in the giant forscan thread.

it’s binary; you turn off fake engine noise, you lose noise cancellation. It’s not the ANC like the Bose headphones/earphones run, whatever benefit it provides, it is very subtle, where the Bose noise cancellation can literally put you in a world of quiet all your own.

The stock Ford noise masks very quiet, yet still present “incidental” noise, including some NVH, whirrs, rattles, buzzes, and such that you can only hear with windows up, blower motor off and radio at zero.

You need to test it on the same stretch of road, same general conditions, same speed and see which is best for you. I turned it off and don’t think it’s worse.

Cliffster

Reaction score
Took my 19 to dealer today they were happy to delete fake motor noise and auto door locks.Much better!

pnoob2

Reaction score
So does pulling the wires in the amp work ? Or do you need the dealer to turn it off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does pulling the wires in the amp work ? Or do you need the dealer to turn it off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’d like to know if I could turn it off without a forescan or going to the dealer . Then if I don’t like it off I could switch back ..

Is there a way ?

LeCreaux

Reaction score
Coming from a Hemi with a Cold Air Intake the only thing I didn't like about the Raptor was the Subaru WRX exhaust sound. When I learned that it was all fake I couldn't wait to turn it off. Plus I do like to hear every little noise so I know if I need to fix something. I'd hate to have a mechanical problem masked by a smooth fake engine sound in the speakers.