Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Accessing the space behind the 60-side of the SCREW rear seat

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by GunMonkeyINTL, Feb 17, 2020.

1. highway420

highway420 Full Access Member

Wait.. so amazon went as far as to copy this little contraption also??

soon they'll be synthesizing food..:fish_h4h: oh, wait, they already do, huh?

2. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Full Access Member

I didn’t realize it but I didn’t even order the BuiltRight one.

I order off Amazon a lot for one-off purchases like this, if for no other reason than to avoid having to set up an account and payment method with another company.

I saw the first link provided, to BuiltRight’s page, but went to order off the Amazon link that showed up further down. I saw the red ano aluminum ring, black frame, and $20, and ordered it- thinking it was the BuiltRight.

When I went back later, I saw the BuiltRight one was black plastic now (scrolled past it the first time, thinking it was the knock-off), was $30, and there are a dozen other knock-offs as low as $12.

Oh well. Probably not a lot that can go wrong with a part this simple.

3. Moridin

Moridin Full Access Member

That's what I thought, too. I also accidentally ordered the Amazon knock-off.

Man... I sure miss my truck.

4. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Full Access Member

Back seat instantly exploded, and totaled the whole truck, huh?

TXRaptor likes this.
  5. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you could string a few of those together, it would be night she would never forget!

6. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

:happy175: I just burst out laughing.

GCATX likes this.
  7. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

If you have an 802a package there’s almost no usable space behind the seats. Enough room for a couple small towels rolled up, a couple bottles of water, etc.. the available space is chopped up into small irregularly shaped areas. I installed the BuiltRight device and still really don’t use it. Good luck...

8. dreys

dreys Full Access Member

Most of these "devices" are made the same, some put one decal and some put another. Get the cheapest one, hopefully you'll use it more than 3 times a year :)

9. Moridin

Moridin Full Access Member

Same. I was all excited (must be a holdover from my childhood days) to find this secret hidden space to stash things, and lowered the seat back down and was rather disappointed. Oh great, I can hide a piece of paper back here maybe!

I guess the non-802A guys have some decent room, but as is I think there's more usable space behind the passenger seat that already has a seat release from the factory. I mainly only hide keys/wallet in the truck when I'm going hiking or some other activity where I don't want them on me.

But yeah, silly me for sure... I was hoping to lower the driver's side rear seat and have this massive place I could stash a backpack, rifle, camping gear, fishing pole, bottled water, canned food, portable generator, board games, coffee maker... what a dunce I am.

However, the BuiltRight strap is a fine product, and works exactly as advertised... but unfortunately rather pointless if you have 802A.

Biggwrm likes this.
  10. Biggwrm

Biggwrm Full Access Member

I was going to get one but I have two carseats back there. Dont plan on being able to move the seat for a long time.
    passenger side stays folded up all the time.