Accessing the area behind the rear seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My GEN1 SCAB isn't engineered that way. There isn't enough room between the back of the rear seat and the back of the cab to slip a sheet of paper. The seat back isn't designed to hinge and apparently isn't designed to be removed, either.
NUTS!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My GEN1 SCAB isn't engineered that way. There isn't enough room between the back of the rear seat and the back of the cab to slip a sheet of paper. The seat back isn't designed to hinge and apparently isn't designed to be removed, either.
NUTS!
just need a flat head screwdriver, a second person, and some bandaids. just ask @Otis857 i pulled his supercab backseat many years ago. he thanked me with a steak..... what do you got?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would be interested in getting the back of the seat down in my Gen 2 SCAB. The wife’s Gen 3 SCREW was easy enough. I might have coupon for a large iced coffee from McDonalds, if that works for you. I don’t know why I want back there, other than it’s a mystery.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just need a flat head screwdriver, a second person, and some bandaids. just ask @Otis857 i pulled his supercab backseat many years ago. he thanked me with a steak..... what do you got?
What have I got? I have a fingers that lock up in the morning, a jaw joint that cracks, and a left nostril that has slammed shut. Do not mess with me - I'm not in the mood! ;)

But you have me wondering about the back seat seat back on the GEN1 SCAB. Once you get it off the back wall of the cab, what have you achieved? Do you just have to hang it back up the way the factory did it and thus no advantage to fiddling with it in the first place? (BTW, there is no room for a flathead screwdriver behind the seat on my truck. Maybe a putty knife, though.)

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What have I got? I have a fingers that lock up in the morning, a jaw joint that cracks, and a left nostril that has slammed shut. Do not mess with me - I'm not in the mood! ;)

But you have me wondering about the back seat seat back on the GEN1 SCAB. Once you get it off the back wall of the cab, what have you achieved? Do you just have to hang it back up the way the factory did it and thus no advantage to fiddling with it in the first place? (BTW, there is no room for a flathead screwdriver behind the seat on my truck. Maybe a putty knife, though.)
you go in from the seat bottom. sometimes you can do it with just your fingers if you can reach. some people have had me make an easier release for them. the seat slides up and out. doesnt fold. it just comes out. you might be able to fit a 16 year old problem cld teen back there. her name is melody. just in case she starts screaming to let her out

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too would be interested in getting the back of the seat down in my Gen 2 SCAB. The wife’s Gen 3 SCREW was easy enough. I might have coupon for a large iced coffee from McDonalds, if that works for you. I don’t know why I want back there, other than it’s a mystery.
fly me out there. i can fly out of denver international but a carls jr coupon would be better