ACC Relocation Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '18 SCREW with 802A and adaptive cruise control. I bought an ADD pro bolt on bumper without the ACC bracket because I never use ACC so I was just planning on disabling it.

I got to thinking though... If I turn ACC off am i still going to get the dash lights for it being blocked? It wont give me any warnings or dash light unless i tried to use ACC, right?

Last edited:

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I removed my sensor completely, no problems

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OP
OP
Supergumby5000

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Well, I dont think I want to give up collision warning. Its annoying most of the time but it seems like that would definitely come in handy to save from any potential fender bender.

I guess I'll just zippy-tie everything out of the way so I can get the bumper on this weekend and figure out ACC relocation.

I dont think I can stomache ADD's $265 price tag for a piece of "adjustable" metal. I'm pretty sure I can figure out a leveled, good looking solution for much cheaper.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i feel u on the price. I had a really hard time spending that kind of money for a bracket lol. When i ordered my bumper i ended up getting it no tax and free shipping, so i had to tell myself it was a wash.

Hmm... Well, I dont think I want to give up collision warning. Its annoying most of the time but it seems like that would definitely come in handy to save from any potential fender bender.

I guess I'll just zippy-tie everything out of the way so I can get the bumper on this weekend and figure out ACC relocation.

I dont think I can stomache ADD's $265 price tag for a piece of "adjustable" metal. I'm pretty sure I can figure out a leveled, good looking solution for much cheaper.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to say it like we're buddy's over a beer, so please take it that way...

It's a 70K truck and you're grumbling over a bracket? C'mon man... :)

The bumper's like 2500? Just think of it as a 2800 bumper. ;)

Ya i'm an Engineer and from my view -> you're not paying for a bracket... You're paying for a the engineering it took to figure out WHERE to put it and HOW it might need to move to be adjusted to work as intended.

You're buying a premium bumper, don't cheap out on the details. :cheers:

OP
OP
Supergumby5000

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to say it like we're buddy's over a beer, so please take it that way...

It's a 70K truck and you're grumbling over a bracket? C'mon man... :)

The bumper's like 2500? Just think of it as a 2800 bumper. ;)

Ya i'm an Engineer and from my view -> you're not paying for a bracket... You're paying for a the engineering it took to figure out WHERE to put it and HOW it might need to move to be adjusted to work as intended.

You're buying a premium bumper, don't cheap out on the details. :cheers:

The bumper is $1500, and I am an engineer as well. I am also someone who finds enjoyment in working on my own truck and building my own stuff when I can. I can weld, i have a break and bender, and since we're buddies over beer, I will let you know that several tastey beverages will be consumed during this process :)

If i was ADD and I could get $300 for sheet metal with a couple 90s and slots, I would sell them too! I'll find more satisfaction taking care of it myself though.

The placement isnt rocket science. It needs to be leveled and have clear sight. I can see how placement could be a challenge as far as making an economical strategy for where it mounts. Easy peasy.