AC not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any troubled with this? It's 72 out and it's cooler with the windows down ..truck only has 4,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you have it set at? Is it set on auto are your vents open do you have your seat on

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is the compressor making any funny noises? With the AC on, open your hood and listen for the refrigerant flowing through the line set. If it's hissing or overly loud, sometimes that's an indication your system is low on charge. It's no uncommon for vehicles to leave the factory with too little refrigerant. If it did work at one time, there's a good possibility you have a leak in the system. If you're lucky, it's just a bum fill port that's slowly leaking. The dealer can test your refrigerant levels and quickly top it off.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the compressor making any funny noises? With the AC on, open your hood and listen for the refrigerant flowing through the line set. If it's hissing or overly loud, sometimes that's an indication your system is low on charge. It's no uncommon for vehicles to leave the factory with too little refrigerant. If it did work at one time, there's a good possibility you have a leak in the system. If you're lucky, it's just a bum fill port that's slowly leaking. The dealer can test your refrigerant levels and quickly top it off.

I'll go check, thanks for the advice. It would be nice to have an idea before I take it to the dealer.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

When I first brought the truck home, I noticed a little green fluid on the garage floor...wasn't very much and thought nothing of it