Ac drain hose location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel weird about dumping a bucket of water right into there. I known nothing about the ac system, how does the water not come through the vents or just puddle up in there?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel weird about dumping a bucket of water right into there. I known nothing about the ac system, how does the water not come through the vents or just puddle up in there?

Ditto! Rainfall is one thing. Buckets of water is not what the engineers designed for.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do need to figure something out though. After my truck sits in the sun all day and i turn the ac on i get a bad smell lol

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Omg!!! Quit being a bunch of ******* ******!!!! Don't you ever wash your truck with a hose at full strength??? Don't ************ over there and slap some sense into you!!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I do need to figure something out though. After my truck sits in the sun all day and i turn the ac on i get a bad smell lol
Take the bag of dogshit that @Jimbo put in the backseat out!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok dump may be exaggerated!!! Pour a gallon or so at a time. LOL
It's not a direct access to intake you'll be lucky if a cup or so actually makes it.

There are flaps at each end of the trough the water will exit there first before anything else.
And there is only two vent areas were the whole trough actually takes in air, thats why I say dump!
The fresh air hole leading to the HVAC is designed somewhat not to ingest water.
But you can over whelm the design, you have to kind of hieve ho the bucket so water hits the whole cowl at once.
Does that make more sense now? @Bulletnjm

Get a deck sprayer and fine mist it in there, what ever makes you feel comfortable.

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok i just needed an explanation on what exactly was going on under the cowl there. I just imagine with my luck having my vents turned into mini waterfalls lol

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Options:

1. Buy one of those baby blue colored spray mist bottles of Fabreze and gently meter single gram doses into the intakes at the base of the windshield with the interior fan on high.

1.a. Or spray it into the interior vents.

1.b. Or spray it all over the interior carpet and upholstery.

2. Buy a bottle of Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover and do the same thing.

3. Quit parking in the cow pasture.

4. Beat the neighbor's kid for dumping his dog's shit in your back seat.

5. See a psychiatrist to get rid of the delusion that your truck stinks.

6. Get a priest to exorcist the Stench Demon from your truck.

7. Or simply scrape that Hillary For President bumper sticker off.

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you use the recirculate function? most vehicles close the fresh air flap even when the car is shut off, which causes stagnant air to get a bad smell in the heater box, then you turn on the a/c after it sits for a while and you get a blast of foul smelling air.