Ac drain hose location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone got a clear photo of where the condenser exits the firewall? I keep trying to find it and I can seem to get it. I got some funky smell in the Ac and no fluid on the ground with my Ac unit on. I think the drain might have broke off and it is leaking in the truck.

Thanks,

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got this issue right now. Anyone that knows where the drain is able to get a good photo showing the location? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I've tried to find it for days now when I get home. Can't even find anything on Google!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone got a clear photo of where the condenser exits the firewall? I keep trying to find it and I can seem to get it. I got some funky smell in the Ac and no fluid on the ground with my Ac unit on. I think the drain might have broke off and it is leaking in the truck.

Thanks,
You mean the "condensate line", the condenser is in front of the radiator , just saying :)

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is down behind the exhaust manifold, I just can't remember if it's just a hole about 3/8" coming out of the firewall or if it has an 90 degree elbow pointing downward.

You'll only see dripping on really humid days.

Simple Green will get rid of the mold and mold smell and cigarette smell, pet order, etc.....
I do this all the time for my family and friends doesn't matter what type of vehicle.

25/75 solution or less in a 5 gal wash bucket and dump right over the vents a gallon or two at a time while the fan is on high no recirculation and switching from hot to cold.
Might have to do this more than once.

Don't worry about flooding, most of the water will run out the sides of the vent trough.
it's just like driving in a heavy down pour, rain will get into the intake, that's one of the reason for the drain at the bottom.
You can also use a spray bottle with Simple Green and spray away till your fingers fall off.

If you really need to go crazy, spray Simple Green full strength at the bottom of the AC/Heater Box under the dash while Recirculation is on.
If you put you hand down around the back of the unit under the dash you should feel the air being suck up in there. That's where you want to spray.

Do not spray a room freshener or any product like that in there.
That stuff has oils in it and will gum up the vent doors and coat the fan and dirt will stick to it.

Last edited:

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had the 14 apart yet to see if the elbow is there?

I get a musty smell every once in while. I remember having to clean the evaporator like the post above said dumping water in the vent in my old Dodge. I think they also sell a cleaning product at the autoparts store for this.