AC 110v power outlets not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck was on when I plugged my fridge into both the front seat or rear seat AC 110 outlet to try. The DC outlet works, however. Any idea what gives with the inverter or how to get power through them? The fridge only takes up to 1.1A.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the engine running why attempting to power the fridge? There are no fuses between the inverter and outlets; power output is internally controlled. If there is a fault (overloaded, short, low voltage, over temp, etc.) the LED indicator will flash.

OP
OP
Bracamonte

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the engine running why attempting to power the fridge? There are no fuses between the inverter and outlets; power output is internally controlled. If there is a fault (overloaded, short, low voltage, over temp, etc.) the LED indicator will flash.
Yes, truck is on and running. Heard others say the amber lights should be on for the Powerpoints...I believe manual said the same. Indicator lights on my Powerpoints are not on.

Manual also says outlets can't run refrigerators with compressors, but this thing is pulling 1.1A around 60watts.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s constant current. Compressors draw a lot more when they start, it’s called inrush and likely exceeds what’s available. No idea why it’s not flashing if that’s the case.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Plug a phone charger block or something in and see if the outlet is working.
Check your fridge min. requirements, probably a sticker somewhere on it. My guess is that the inverter is not stout enough to kick the compressor. If the fridge has some kind of inverter controlled compressor, I have seen these have issues not running on GFCI protected circuits as well. If the truck inverter is also AFCI protected there can be issues when the compressor kicks on.