Absolute nightmare with my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cotaco

Reaction score
Literally had a nightmare (edit: dream) last night where my Gen3 Raptor (ordered 06.25, finally in production this week) was delivered and everything was perfect except for when I switched it into Baja mode and accelerated it sounded like a lawn mower :sad72:

Posted here to announce myself as a new member too, coming from a 2012 Tacoma

Velocity blue, 801A, Moonroof, spray in bedliner @ MSRP in Denver CO
Bakflip revolver roll up tonneau, RCI bedrack, and fox overland tailgate pad ready to install upon delivery

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! A nightmare? That would be a connecting rod through the side of the block or a fried turbo. The Raptor is a little more vivacious sounding then a Tacoma. I think you will be ok and signup for Raptor Assault. You need to get acquainted with that truck.

Enjoy!

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally had a nightmare last night where my Gen3 Raptor (ordered 06.25, finally in production this week) was delivered and everything was perfect except for when I switched it into Baja mode and accelerated it sounded like a lawn mower :sad72:

Posted here to announce myself as a new member too, coming from a 2012 Tacoma

Velocity blue, 801A, Moonroof, spray in bedliner @ MSRP in Denver CO
Bakflip revolver roll up tonneau, RCI bedrack, and fox overland tailgate pad ready to install upon delivery

What sound were you expecting? It won't sound like a TRX or a gen 1 raptor... you definitely got what you paid for.

OP
OP
Cotaco

Cotaco

Reaction score
What sound were you expecting? It won't sound like a TRX or a gen 1 raptor... you definitely got what you paid for.
I had a nightmare i.e. a dream when i was asleep

I'm sure it wont sound like a pull start mower when it arrives

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a nightmare i.e. a dream when i was asleep

I'm sure it wont sound like a pull start mower when it arrives
You fool! You had us tricked. Lol it won’t sound like a lawnmower. Supposedly they fixed the exhaust sound. Relax, it’s going to be nice. Just dream better.

OP
OP
Cotaco

Cotaco

Reaction score
You fool! You had us tricked. Lol it won’t sound like a lawnmower. Supposedly they fixed the exhaust sound. Relax, it’s going to be nice. Just dream better.
Edited original for clarification
:hahano: