Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

AARG Winter fun

Discussion in 'Canada' started by strafe, Nov 12, 2012.

1. strafe

strafe Full Access Member

I have Walkies for all so no worries. But I run both a VHF and CB. The other group I run with also uses both so for $350 and complete coverage is worth it. I also picked up a set of 8 standard walkies cheap on E-bay.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. RaptorBri

RaptorBri Full Access Member

Too cool Adam! I want to be just like you one day!!

Do you want to share the models of radios you have and where you bought them? Trying to research VHF and CB radios is mind boggling.......so many choices and opinions!

thanks,

Brian

3. strafe

for the CB radio I use a Cobra 29 LX Chrome CB Radio | Right Channel Radios and got the full kit including antenna. For the VHF I got the Yaesu FT-2900R VHF Transceiver from ntfc.ca they have a shop in Calgary and hooked me up nicely. I have learned only through the past 2 years what I need to run with different groups so it wont take you long. I am no where near as prepared and some of the more advanced guys on the site. I feel like I am playing catch up too. Just keep dreaming and make the truck what you want it to be for your style of play. Got that bit of advice from Wiz when I started my mods. Will be great to meet you and go play in the snow.

Side note, Finally after trying and trying got myself stuck by accident. Was trying to avoid someone spinning out on the road and hit the ditch. Even a Raptor cannot power its way out of 4 feet of snow in a ditch on the side of the road. All I can say is at least the little Honda didn't hit me. he did end up about 20 feet in-front of me in the ditch. Thank god for road side assistance.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. strafe

Tomorrow is the day, see you all at the Smitty's in Cochran at 8am. I will be the Big Redhead in a Las Vegas hat with the orange truck. Should be there with my Co-Pilot (balding with glasses) and JP Long black hair. Text me when you arrive. If you need my number PM me

5. strafe

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  6. strafe

Going to try and get some runners together for February 23. Hope there is interest.

7. RaptorBri

RaptorBri Full Access Member

Noooooo...I'm out of town that week. Back on the 24th.....Oh well. I'll be ready for the March run!

Had so much fun last run, I now have my RPG Stage 3 to install, MBRP Cat back on the way, and just ordered the new Method NV's today.

I'm HOOKED! ......Thanks Adam.

Brian

8. strafe

That is a shame Brian, was great to run with you too. I will be able to push even harder as I will have my new breaks and rotors on as well as more steering system upgrades. I still wont be pulling any 90 foot redneck jumps but may push a 40 footer out. The Trucks are a very addictive upgrading hobby. Deep pockets are needed.

9. spartanraptor

spartanraptor Full Access Member

Damn i work Saturdays :(