A start to my stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many sq ft of Soundskins you buy for front/rear door coverage? Are you doing the rear cab wall as well? If so, what sq ft is needed for coverage? Thanks

OP
OP
K

KevinMSmith71

Reaction score
I bought a template kit from Sound Skins for the front and back doors and block off plates from Sounds Good Stereo. I put an additional box (36 Square feet )of sound deadening from Amazon that I applied to the inside of the doors. I’m not sure how much I used but I have a ton left to do the back wall of the cab. I felt like the sound scan templates Made the job a little easier. They had a pretty good how to on YouTube

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good! I've got their stealth plus system on the way which comes with some similar sound deadening kit. How difficult was it pulling door panels and getting it all back together? After researching it doesn't look too bad but DIY videos sometimes leave out important details.

OP
OP
K

KevinMSmith71

Reaction score
Taking the door panels off takes under five minutes. Putting on the sound deadening takes a while to do a good thorough job then just making sure the sound deadening material doesn’t go past the door panel edges and there’s plenty a room for the clips to go in is the key

OP
OP
K

KevinMSmith71

Reaction score
I just ordered this kit from them. A Christmas gift to me from me

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I just ordered this kit from them. A Christmas gift to me from me

So, with this kit, you will still need to purchase the Zen converter? Also, what size subs go in that behind the seat box. For the life of me, I can't find it on their site. It shouldn't be that difficult.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, with this kit, you will still need to purchase the Zen converter? Also, what size subs go in that behind the seat box. For the life of me, I can't find it on their site. It shouldn't be that difficult.

The link has the Zen A2B listed as included.

I'd be a little concerned about the subs in the back seat, but that may be the best you can do for subs behind the seat with everything else also back there.