A start for our friend Dave..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a sweet ride. I love what you guys are capabie of doing to these trucks and I too am jealous of Southwest Raptor Owners', but I got figured I probably saved myself about $30 to $40K in mods by living here in good ole Alabama. (Yea, I'm really okay with this/ NOT)

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve put the request to look into a harness system up the flag pole here and I will let you know my findings. IMO a well & properly built roll cage is the true answer for running a 5 point harness and if you are driving these trucks hard enough to feel the need for a harness (unless you have a need like Dave did) you most likely are driving these trucks hard enough to need a cage!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve put the request to look into a harness system up the flag pole here and I will let you know my findings. IMO a well & properly built roll cage is the true answer for running a 5 point harness and if you are driving these trucks hard enough to feel the need for a harness (unless you have a need like Dave did) you most likely are driving these trucks hard enough to need a cage!

Some of us need a cage just to drive down the street.

-Greg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I think a lot of people, myself included, would like a roll cage, it's just that it's prohibitively expensive to get one, on top of it most likely ruining the daily driver functions that most of our trucks pull as double duty.

I know in my case, I just want to be held into the seat a little better. That could even be accomplished with something that would lock out the factory intertia reel so the seatbelt would stay tight. I'm just not a big fan of my ass coming off the seat when I hit a bump.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been a while since I updated this thread....

Some new tube work. This is going to be boxed once the structure is set.

DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1008.jpg

More updates for our buddy Dave...

What we call "Dave Proofing" the rear suspension... LOL!

CANTILEVER3.jpg

CANTILEVER4.jpg

CANTILEVER7.jpg

CANTILEVER6.jpg

CANTILEVER8.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

It is all coming back together!

CANTILEVER16.jpg

CANTILEVER15.jpg

CANTILEVER14.jpg

CANTILEVER12.jpg

CANTILEVER11.jpg

CANTILEVER10.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Cycling the suspension....

A little droop anyone???

DROOOOOOOOP.jpg

DROOOOOOOOP2.jpg

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Question,
Can you use Icon 3.0's with the sprung under system?

FYI, My wallet hopes the response is no.

Yes. We designed this kit to work with the OEM shock length in mind. The 3.0" Fox shocks that Dave is running are the same ones he has been running for over a year. Some valving changes and some tune time and they are good to go!

Sweet! Make me nostalgic......

Right!!

Beautiful work as always!

Thanks!