A Raptor, a Sunroof, and a Carwash Walk into a Bar...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
For those who have a sunroof (I have the panorama sunroof), have you taken your truck through an automatic car wash? I’ve got a carwash that is wide enough for the Raptor ( it’s the touch less kind that pulls your truck through the tube) but the sunroof makes me nervous.

Verelsian

Reaction score
Good to know! I've never owned a truck before this, after you're done washing do you open the flatbed/box?/trunk? and drain the water.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have a sunroof (I have the panorama sunroof), have you taken your truck through an automatic car wash? I’ve got a carwash that is wide enough for the Raptor ( it’s the touch less kind that pulls your truck through the tube) but the sunroof makes me nervous.

Those things demolish paint and finish. Never drive a car you own through one of those. A lease? Sure, but not a vehicle you will care about long term.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wash my vehicles by hand. Of course, I also live in SE Texas, so when we drop into the mid-40s two or three times a year, everyone is freezing. ;)

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
I have the sunroof. Zero issues running it through the Carwash.
Previous to the Raptor I had an F-150 Platinum. Same sunroof, no issues.

D

Deleted member 17706

Those things demolish paint and finish. Never drive a car you own through one of those. A lease? Sure, but not a vehicle you will care about long term.

Company paid vehicle I take through the car wash 3-4 times a week. My Raptor? Not a chance. The less you touch the paint the better. When I take my truck into Ford, I hang this on the mirror:

2168DF89-22EA-4E04-BBED-A2E5D33FF217.jpeg

Lol want to make sure they get the point :)