A place to rest my elbow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF...where shitposting is the norm.

"It doesn't matter if you post a gif or a meme...shitposting is shitposting"
giphy.gif

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bride has to take an annual driving refresher course as part of her employment. The instructors are teaching the students to grip the steering wheel at the bottom quarters to avoid the airbag from pushing the arms into the face which would result in more facial damage. The "new" hand positioning is abased on traffic accident statistics.

Maybe with a drivers hands lower on the wheel, the door armrest would then be more fuctional?

OP
OP
Snowsled

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bride has to take an annual driving refresher course as part of her employment. The instructors are teaching the students to grip the steering wheel at the bottom quarters to avoid the airbag from pushing the arms into the face which would result in more facial damage. The "new" hand positioning is abased on traffic accident statistics.

Maybe with a drivers hands lower on the wheel, the door armrest would then be more fuctional?

I had an airbag go off in my face just over a month ago. As I mentioned earlier, the common hand over the wheel will give you a bloody nose. I had my hands on the wheel ant 9 and 3 where the spokes are. I had some rash on both lower arms from the bag. I think going to the bottom third, Italian style, is probably overkill, but it sure makes those instructors sound like they care about you...LOL

Hands lower on the wheel puts elbows in the lap. I just can not get over how poorly designed this aspect of the interior is.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an airbag go off in my face just over a month ago. As I mentioned earlier, the common hand over the wheel will give you a bloody nose. I had my hands on the wheel ant 9 and 3 where the spokes are. I had some rash on both lower arms from the bag. I think going to the bottom third, Italian style, is probably overkill, but it sure makes those instructors sound like they care about you...LOL

Hands lower on the wheel puts elbows in the lap. I just can not get over how poorly designed this aspect of the interior is.

Reading your post, I'd say having the hands lower than 9 & 3 is not overkill.

For me with my right hand at the lower right quarter position my right arm is resting on the console. It's mostly about each persons seat and wheel positioning, as well as the size of the driver.