GEN 2 A PILLARS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
What’s everybody have mounted on their A pillars?

LP9 is too big I guess. Would LP6’s or LP4’s work?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
XL80s / full spot. IMO, that’s the best option because you’ve got the lights up high, well over the headlights, so it’s a good option for distance. Also, spot lenses reduce the hood glare.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
IMO, Anything bigger than an LP4 or XL80 is unwieldy and asking for trouble. ( and I don't think the potential payoff is worth it )

If you need something more up high, texas motorworx makes their own 60" lightbar mounts that work very well. They do not require drilling into the roof and once removed, you'd never notice the nutserts in the door jam. Give the shop a call if you're interested.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We definitely recommend the XL80's or the LP4's are a pretty great light too. While there are some that have done the LP6's or the much larger LP9's up there, we still think the overall light output and the physical size of the XL80/LP4 is better suited for the A-pillars.

We've got plenty of XL80's in stock (buy XL80's and receive a free set of hood mounts promo still going on) and quite a few of the new LP4's.

If there's anything we can do, don't hesistate to reach out!

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

wfH0aWA.jpg

ELaNryk.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What’s everybody have mounted on their A pillars?

LP9 is too big I guess. Would LP6’s or LP4’s work?

LP6 would work although I'd recommend the LP4 over the LP6. The LP4 just fit a bit better. The XL80 are the most popular and we offer those with a free swap-out to Spot lenses, which are ideal I feel. However Driving/Combo are the most popular XL80s for pillar mounts.

We have plenty of XL80 in stock and LOTS of LP4 in stock in stock as well.

Here is a customer of ours running LP6 on his Pillars:

83379068_218079879218477_7055897837237698560_n.jpg

Here's our demo truck running the XL80s
raptor6-jpg.124186

XL80 and LP4 are top notch for the Pillars. Let me know if you need help picking them, we keep them both in stock here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com

XL80: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/xl80/
LP4: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/lp4/

SDHQ A-Pillar Mounts: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/sdhq-2017-ford-raptor-a-pillar-light-mounts/
Altenrative Offroad A-Pillar Mounts (what I run on our demo truck): http://www.4x4truckleds.com/alternative-offroad-2015-ford-f-150-a-pillar-light-mount/

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We definitely recommend the XL80's or the LP4's are a pretty great light too. While there are some that have done the LP6's or the much larger LP9's up there, we still think the overall light output and the physical size of the XL80/LP4 is better suited for the A-pillars.

We've got plenty of XL80's in stock (buy XL80's and receive a free set of hood mounts promo still going on) and quite a few of the new LP4's.

If there's anything we can do, don't hesistate to reach out!

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

wfH0aWA.jpg

ELaNryk.jpg

I am thinking about the LP4 to match a future build with RPG Bumper with LP6 or LP9s is my goal.

My concern with the LP4 on the A-pillar is those side LED lights. Do those cause any windshield glare issues, especially on the passenger light, would they hit the driver's eyes and are you able to turn them off if they do cause an issue? If this isn't a problem then what hood mount would you recommend for these?

FYI I heard about you guys from Keep it dirty offroad on youtube!

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about the LP4 to match a future build with RPG Bumper with LP6 or LP9s is my goal.

My concern with the LP4 on the A-pillar is those side LED lights. Do those cause any windshield glare issues, especially on the passenger light, would they hit the driver's eyes and are you able to turn them off if they do cause an issue? If this isn't a problem then what hood mount would you recommend for these?

FYI I heard about you guys from Keep it dirty offroad on youtube!

That’s great! Yea, we definitely do quite a bit with the KeepItDirty crew.

While the LP4 offers that cool amber backlighting feature, the side facing LED’s are definitely going to throw a lot of extra light/glare across the hood. Unless you angle the lights inward towards the center of the hood, should not have any issues being blinded by them sitting in the cab.

Understand the desire to keep the look consistent, but we still feel the totally forward facing XL80’s is the best bet. They’re brighter at 9,500 lumens and even with the driving/combo lens, the glare or light spill on the hood won’t impact the driver. The side lighting on the LP series is a great feature, but for the A-pillars we really like the XL80’s.

If there’s anything we can do to help, shoot us a message or give us a call at 888-466-8991!

pfred

Reaction score
+1 LP6 from Baja designs.

IMG_3178.JPG

Edit - sorry for the gigantic pic.

Last edited: