A picture's worth 1,000 words

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picture this

enlarge it

in your driveway

Possible price of the Ranger Raptor in the US:
How Much Might the Ford Ranger Raptor Cost in the U.S.? - The Drive

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would look better if they retro'd it to look like a baby Gen 1. Then drop a small SC V8 in it. I'd buy it!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A V8 would fit in the bed (and be a trendsetter - first rear engine compact truck! Jk)

I like it, but that price point is tough to swallow,

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ok... I’ll bite.

One thing I notice is a lack of available real estate for some LED’s. The F150 can fit 2x single row LED bars behind the front grille, and I’ve got 2 x 17” bars in Lucille’s front grille, plus we have the bumper slots.

This truck doesn’t look like it will take to LED bars being stuffed into the grille area and it’s already sporting fogs. Yeah, you could get a fancy new bumper, requiring some lube and <cough> easy financing terms, but there’s my $.02.

Otherwise... meh.

OP
OP
W

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would look better if they retro'd it to look like a baby Gen 1. Then drop a small SC V8 in it. I'd buy it!

Everyone has an opinion. Yours is about as crazy as most of the naysayers around here. Just like how the Gen1'ers slammed the shit out of the Gen2 and then bought them.

A V8 would fit in the bed (and be a trendsetter - first rear engine compact truck! Jk)

I like it, but that price point is tough to swallow,

You did see their guesstimate on the price, right?

"Ranger Raptor pricing roughly in the upper thirties (fluctuating with exchange rates). "

I think it'll be $45,000 but still far less than a new Gen2

Get less for more. Meh

Can't believe I'm actually responding to your post. "Less for more" what? Buyers will get a Raptor that will go more places than a Gen1 or Gen2 and will have plenty of power and performance for a LOT less money.

If I needed a small pickup, that would be first on my list to consider.

But WTF do I need a small pickup for?

I need one to take off road. I'm done desert pinstriping my Gen2 Raptor. Did that once (after I pinstriped the hell out of my Gen1 Raptor) and paid to have it buffed/polished. Only offroading my Gen2 does now is in the wide open desert washes.

I'm all in for the Ranger Raptor. It's gonna be a winner as long as the price is attractive.