A little glimpse into my life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I appreciate that! I try to get my athletes and students to understand the big picture , yes I'm proud of his accomplishments on the mat...but man. What he is doing for his future and this country is truly something to be proud of.
Indeed, Being a “Ring Bearer” will automatically open many doors for him in the future

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
So he was recruited by all the Ivy leagues and all the military academies lol...as well as other D1 schools. I told him this....Carson...look at the options that suit you best career path wise and if you want a family which option military wise would be a better option...he said coach which branch would you go in if you had it to do all over again....I cringed.....whispered....mmmm...air force....my stetson caught fire...my spurs..turned to rust..I'm not longer welcome in fiddlers green...but I couldn't lie...lol
My thoughts exactly! A few of us on here have pondered the same thoughts. We quickly head South on ways to plan the early demise of our Recruiters:rolleyes::biggun::happy175:
The first time I went on an AF Base..,I was like…. What in the Holy Hell Is This??? Tank Tops, Jesus Sandals and Hippy Hair??!
I said to a fellow NCO, this is MFING Club Med!! Do they even get Veterans Points when they take a Civil Service Exam??
The Coast Guard is the “Secret Club”
A bunch of Pleasure Boaters with an almost Dress Code.,.No Offense of Course;)

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Appreciate you guys caring, I know this isn't about our trunks ,I'm a humble high school wrestling coach and football coach, I don't make a lot of money, 18 years in the army between the regular army , guard and reserves, I love my raptor, but I truly love being in education, and being able to pour my heart and all I am into these kids and be a role model or whatever they need me to be and seeing them succeed in life on or off the football field or mats beats any amount of money in the bank any day in my eyes. Looking forward to.sectionals tomorrow and qualifying as many as possible for state!
Best of luck to you and your boys Coach !

emerald_nomad - RLTW

Reaction score
Way to be Coach! We need a clone of you in every high school across the country. You're proof that even when you're out you never really stop serving your country. We appreciate you brother! And way to be honest (even though it hurts...) but deep down inside I sometimes wish I would've gone Airforce too... but then the Ranger in me shoots a stabbing pain up my back and neck to remind me of the Porta-John I was born in on Fort Benning, GA...