A-Hole with nose ring wrecked my rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It boggles my mind that your insurance rates could go up for an accident in which the police said you weren’t at fault.

The insurance companies classify you as "Accident Prone". Its a complete crock. I could see if you get hit time and time again, but for 1 or 2 random occurances I completely agree.

Stantheatmman

Reaction score
Correct my wife was hit 3 different times twice were while parked at the grocery store and once at airport. Insurance went up even though none were her fault said exactly that her car was accident prone. Go figure. State Farm. Been with them 30 years. I would have his insurance pay and not even notify yours and see what happens or get an estimate he may be willing to cut you a check. Chances are it’s not his first accident hit and run

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diminished value is real easily a couple thousand loss at time of resale. You could demand the insurance take the damaged vehicle and find you a replacement vehicle. You dont have to be reasonable just forceful and refuse to accept there offer. They will never let it go to court and have a jury decide. It's cheaper to buy you a new truck than take chances. They can sell the wrecked one and limit there exposure. You dont have to go to where they want to take it for repairs you have every right to go to Ford and only Ford for repairs. I was in a similar accident and recieved over 5k in a settlement as opposed to other options. It's up to you to decide what's acceptable not the insurance adjuster. Everytime I was assigned a new adjuster senior adjuster division manager claims senior manager etc. The price to settle went up. I fixed it myself in the end and pocketed the extra 3700.00.. You decide what's acceptable not the insurance company.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were smart you would have taken the ambulance ride.

Kind of ******* hard for your rates to go up when dude got busted doing a hit and run.

Mike K

Reaction score
Go to a Dr. for sure..check for back and neck pain ...get an injury lawyer...pick the shop for a full repair with OEM parts....have the lawyer get the most he/she can, may take a while though....then get it fixed w/o using your insurance?? to avoiding carfax, etc.....glad ur not hurt badly...best wishes..

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Correct my wife was hit 3 different times twice were while parked at the grocery store and once at airport. Insurance went up even though none were her fault said exactly that her car was accident prone. Go figure. State Farm. Been with them 30 years. I would have his insurance pay and not even notify yours and see what happens or get an estimate he may be willing to cut you a check. Chances are it’s not his first accident hit and run

I had a friend ... sort of anyway, just out of high school. He was a bit of a screw up and as an 18 year old male, was paying about 1800 bucks / year for full coverage insurance on his mom’s insurance policy because (at least in MD) it was financially impossible for an 18 year old male to get insurance through a major carrier. $1800 / year in 1988 money was a lot of money for a stinkin’ punk on E3/E4 enlisted pay... just sayin’.

I knew he’d filed a claim for damage, hit and run I think. What I didn’t know is he’d also fired a theft claim for his --shagged-- tires and wheels. I strongly suspect he had them “disappeared”. Unfortunately what happened next was nearly fatal. He was pole position at a traffic light when a PG county cop came up behind him, lights blaring. The cop ordered him to clear the intersection over the PA. it was a red light, 2nd time was to the effect of “Move or get arrested”. He moved and was immediately Tboned at 60 mph. Lucky to have lived. He looked like he’d gone more than 2 minutes with Mike Tyson, and badly screwed up his ankle. To boot, he was charged with running the red light, and automatically at fault for the collision.
This was not the straw that broke the camels back however, that came 2 claims later on a truck he got which he rolled.

Then, one day we were doing car work outside his house and his mother lit into him like something you’d see on an episode of Cops. They cancelled her policy due to excessive claims. She was able to appeal the cancellation, but had to pitch him from the policy. Only nobody would insure him. She managed to get him covered but he had to sign a document waiving any ability to claim anything non collision.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a friend ... sort of anyway, just out of high school. He was a bit of a screw up and as an 18 year old male, was paying about 1800 bucks / year for full coverage insurance on his mom’s insurance policy because (at least in MD) it was financially impossible for an 18 year old male to get insurance through a major carrier. $1800 / year in 1988 money was a lot of money for a stinkin’ punk on E3/E4 enlisted pay... just sayin’.

I knew he’d filed a claim for damage, hit and run I think. What I didn’t know is he’d also fired a theft claim for his --shagged-- tires and wheels. I strongly suspect he had them “disappeared”. Unfortunately what happened next was nearly fatal. He was pole position at a traffic light when a PG county cop came up behind him, lights blaring. The cop ordered him to clear the intersection over the PA. it was a red light, 2nd time was to the effect of “Move or get arrested”. He moved and was immediately Tboned at 60 mph. Lucky to have lived. He looked like he’d gone more than 2 minutes with Mike Tyson, and badly screwed up his ankle. To boot, he was charged with running the red light, and automatically at fault for the collision.
This was not the straw that broke the camels back however, that came 2 claims later on a truck he got which he rolled.

Then, one day we were doing car work outside his house and his mother lit into him like something you’d see on an episode of Cops. They cancelled her policy due to excessive claims. She was able to appeal the cancellation, but had to pitch him from the policy. Only nobody would insure him. She managed to get him covered but he had to sign a document waiving any ability to claim anything non collision.
I don't want to hang out with the people you hang out with. What a bone smoker that guy is. Everybody has HAD a "friend" like that, you learn to ignore them after awhile and they disappear.

NSt

Reaction score
Stopped for an accident yesterday, some punk skater puke put his POS BMW into the rear bumper of my truck. Then, like an entitled snot-nosed Gen Alpha is wont to do, he ran.

Since he had to go through an active accident scene to get away, one of the attending cops peeled off and got him a mile or so up the road.

I came away with his contact info and report showing me at zero-fault.

I took a look at the damage this morning, and it appears to entirely be in the bumper, with maybe a ding or two on the plastic cap. There’s a light scuff on the tow hook, but my backup lights and tail pipes appear to have come out unscathed. Satisfyingly, the front of his BMW was thrashed pretty bad.

I think I could get away with bolting on a new bumper (OEM or aftermarket) and be no worse for the wear- but do need to do a more detailed inspection to be sure.

I haven’t had an insurance claim in 20+ years. What should I look out for? Is there a way to avoid my premiums taking a hit? A hit to the value of my truck? And, more importantly, anything I can do to ensure Skyler McDoucebag gets his ******** gets stretched good and proper in the clink?
Stopped for an accident yesterday, some punk skater puke put his POS BMW into the rear bumper of my truck. Then, like an entitled snot-nosed Gen Alpha is wont to do, he ran.

Since he had to go through an active accident scene to get away, one of the attending cops peeled off and got him a mile or so up the road.

I came away with his contact info and report showing me at zero-fault.

I took a look at the damage this morning, and it appears to entirely be in the bumper, with maybe a ding or two on the plastic cap. There’s a light scuff on the tow hook, but my backup lights and tail pipes appear to have come out unscathed. Satisfyingly, the front of his BMW was thrashed pretty bad.

I think I could get away with bolting on a new bumper (OEM or aftermarket) and be no worse for the wear- but do need to do a more detailed inspection to be sure.

I haven’t had an insurance claim in 20+ years. What should I look out for? Is there a way to avoid my premiums taking a hit? A hit to the value of my truck? And, more importantly, anything I can do to ensure Skyler McDoucebag gets his ******** gets stretched good and proper in the clink?

My parents where recently rear ended. The cop made it very very clear that they where supposed to say they where at a complete stop when the accident happened. They did and zero fault attributed to them. All repairs covered 100% and no increase in premium

dirtgod

Reaction score
If his carrier yanks you around AT ALL on any issue, including diminished value (which is an easy damage element on a Raptor), immediately sure the kid that hit you directly because then his carrier is faced with not only your wrath, but the wrath of their own insured for letting him get sued. Things will move better after that as they will want to avoid attorneys fees (awarded if there is any property damage element of damages) and perhaps a bad faith claim from their snot nosed insured for allowing him to get sued.