GEN 2 A few questions - interior cleaning and the rubber under windows (exterior)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim_W

Reaction score
Hi - thinking I am just going to go the Adams route and wanted to get feedback on a few things.

1. Interior clean and protect - thinking I just need the "leather interior cleaner" and "leather conditioner". Anything recommended to protect plastic etc.
2. Carpet next to door sill - how do I pop the sill plate up (the one with ford performance). I need to do some carpet cleaning from spillover off the floor mat.
3. Exterior rubber - the "trim" under the windows seems to be rubber. mine is dirty (almost chalkly residue). What should I use to clean and then protect?

Thank you,
Jim

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi - thinking I am just going to go the Adams route and wanted to get feedback on a few things.

1. Interior clean and protect - thinking I just need the "leather interior cleaner" and "leather conditioner". Anything recommended to protect plastic etc.
2. Carpet next to door sill - how do I pop the sill plate up (the one with ford performance). I need to do some carpet cleaning from spillover off the floor mat.
3. Exterior rubber - the "trim" under the windows seems to be rubber. mine is dirty (almost chalkly residue). What should I use to clean and then protect?

Thank you,
Jim

Hey Jim!

For the interior, those two products are great, the Leather Conditioner can be used on more than just the seats. It will provide UV protection to the dash and all the rest of the interior textured plastics like the doors and trim. You can also use Interior Detailer for light cleaning tasks.

Not sure about the Gen2 sill plate, but on my Gen1 the sill plate just pops off when pried up with a small plastic trim tool (or a small crowbar wrapped in tape to prevent scratching).

For the rubber trim under the window, get it cleaned up using the Tire & Rubber Cleaner and a small detail brush or towel during your next wash, and rinse it thoroughly. To keep the trim looking nice, dress it with VRT, which also adds UV protection. Another option is the H2O Guard & Gloss. Check out this post for the HGG:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/919004/