A Desert Adventure - Beer Bottle Pass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Some good friends just took delivery of their Badlands Bronco. They have never been west other than a few Colorado trips for elk. I told them they should go out to the Bronco trail day they are having outside of Vegas somewhere and take extra days and tour around.
Tell them to give me shout if they come out here :)
I will take them on some scenic trails

Last edited:

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure some of y’all think “How my Fning Desert shots is he going to show us, it’s all Mfing Desert!?” I’m just Riding the Backroads and Trails, taking you along for the ride. A lot of my shots are redundant, a slight change in angle, background or lighting, sorry, that’s the amateur photographer in me coming out.
I try to find the beauty in every mile I drive, the next mile is never guaranteed..
The Desert is Amazing and Incredibly Beautiful, as well as Deadly…
Even pros shoot a ton of angles. I appreciate seeing it all. It's like I'm watching my own truck in it's native habitat. I've been out to New Mexico for a shoot, and I one of these days I'll have to get my Raptor out there. Keep sharing!

One question, how tall are those power lines crossing under then transmission lines? They look like they're not very high up, but it's hard to judge distances in the desert—at least to my Florida eyes—so I can gauge the height. I guess I should just pretend the sand is water! :Big Laugh: They look like maybe 15 ft up. That must be interesting to drive under!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Even pros shoot a ton of angles. I appreciate seeing it all. It's like I'm watching my own truck in it's native habitat. I've been out to New Mexico for a shoot, and I one of these days I'll have to get my Raptor out there. Keep sharing!

One question, how tall are those power lines crossing under then transmission lines? They look like they're not very high up, but it's hard to judge distances in the desert—at least to my Florida eyes—so I can gauge the height. I guess I should just pretend the sand is water! :Big Laugh: They look like maybe 15 ft up. That must be interesting to drive under!
Thank You Sir. The High Powerlines are all at least 80’-100’ high. The wood pole lines are 25’-30’. I think the wide angle shots create an optical illusion?
I don’t Fuxk around with electricity! My dad was a lineman and a friend of mine, an attorney, handled a case for a National Guard Soldier in CA. He was out on a Patrol in the Mountains and he was the RTO, wearing a PRC-77 Radio. He had the whip antenna extended. The Patrol passed under a High Power Transmission Line that had sagged. His Antenna Arced with the lines and blew both his legs off :(.
My friend got him millions from the power company but how much of a consultation is that after loosing both legs?
Electricity scares me, I don’t fuxk around with it..

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You Sir. The High Powerlines are all at least 80’-100’ high. The wood pole lines are 25’-30’. I think the wide angle shots create an optical illusion?
I don’t Fuxk around with electricity! My dad was a lineman and a friend of mine, an attorney, handled a case for a National Guard Soldier in CA. He was out on a Patrol in the Mountains and he was the RTO, wearing a PRC-77 Radio. He had the whip antenna extended. The Patrol passed under a High Power Transmission Line that had sagged. His Antenna Arced with the lines and blew both his legs off :(.
My friend got him millions from the power company but how much of a consultation is that after loosing both legs?
Electricity scares me, I don’t fuxk around with it..
Yeah, I was like, if that's that low, you couldn't have anything sticking off the truck so I must be wrong. And that goes double for high voltage so I assumed maybe it was a lower voltage or something. 25-30' makes a lot more sense.

That's a crazy and unfortunate story. Man. My FIL was a lineman, I'm sure he's seen some stuff.