A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so there's supposed t 24oz in our systems. Yours had 23.36oz. really? That made a difference? Wow!

Small change, but yes it will make a difference.

Also, there was probably air in the system from the factory. Since air doesn't have the same properties as 134a, it will negatively affect the system.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have too many switches mark, maybe you'll have to run an additional
battery for the voltage drop

No such thing as too many switches. That is like too many lights, never enough. Maybe it is time for a second battery. Mod money needs to go to something more fun like suspension first though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Small change, but yes it will make a difference.

Also, there was probably air in the system from the factory. Since air doesn't have the same properties as 134a, it will negatively affect the system.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

That would mean he had a leak if there was air in there. Hope not. Probably just under charged from the factory...but still mind blowing how little makes a difference.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory doesn't pull a vacuum on the system. They "force" the refrigerant in until it comes out the other side, then cap it. More efficient for them.

Also, when the dealer serviced labraptors ac, they also added oil to the system. This could have helped it too.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The factory doesn't pull a vacuum on the system. They "force" the refrigerant in until it comes out the other side, then cap it. More efficient for them.

Also, when the dealer serviced labraptors ac, they also added oil to the system. This could have helped it too.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

Really, is R-134a impervious to moisture? or do they install a filter drier

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, 2013 Screw Raptor. Anyone else's air conditioning seem weak? Mine doesn't blow cold until I'm on the highway and even then it's just slightly cold, not freezing like my previous truck. Also, when my auxiliary fans kick on they are extremely loud, is this normal for this truck? Thanks.

Bring it in for warranty service. My '13 screw gets ice cold in no time, even in record heat here in New England.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring it in for warranty service. My '13 screw gets ice cold in no time, even in record heat here in New England.

Strangly enough, during this week my a/c has been at about 40*-43* degrees with no issues. Maybe because its been cooler with less humidity?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
After reading through all of this, I think my system is low, too. Does anyone have the chart with the pressures vs temps? I have a set of gauges and have checked it in my other vehicles.