GEN 1 A/C stuck on floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Thing

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 raptor, and it has rewarded me with the Advance trac and off road mode faults and the A/C is stuck on the floor. At this time I am more worried about the a/c I have read a lot about blend door actuators and I am thinking that is the issue I just want some confirmation because I have seen anyone talk about it being on both sides and also stuck on the floor. Normally I see posts about it being one side or the other not both. This is stuck on the floor and a little air comes out of the defrost. I am sorry if this isn't clear I am a bit confused by the whole deal considering I have had the truck a week and a half. HELP!

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i bought my 2011 in 2016 the blend doors were making noise when i went to pick it up at the dealer. They gave me an extra 1500 off instead of fixing it. i replaced the actuator that is buried in the dash and its worked fine ever since. took me about 30 min and cost about 15 bucks. If i remember correctly there are maybe 1-2 actuators so I'd just replace them and see if that fixes it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is the easy blend door to fix, that one is located just above the gas pedal, contort your ass under there and replace it. Have the key off and unplug it first, then align the new one in place, secure it and plug it in, that should fix it.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came here searching similar issue.
Looks like you may be luckier than I am though.
I posted a few questions and looks like I have to take console out and gain some more room to get at the one I need to replace.
Mine puts heat out of driver's side vents when all the others blow cold.
Got a LOT of help, links, write ups, and videos here.
"The Car Stereo Company" provided a lot of helpful info with links to his videos.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 raptor, and it has rewarded me with the Advance trac and off road mode faults and the A/C is stuck on the floor. At this time I am more worried about the a/c I have read a lot about blend door actuators and I am thinking that is the issue I just want some confirmation because I have seen anyone talk about it being on both sides and also stuck on the floor. Normally I see posts about it being one side or the other not both. This is stuck on the floor and a little air comes out of the defrost. I am sorry if this isn't clear I am a bit confused by the whole deal considering I have had the truck a week and a half. HELP!
Like @CoronaRaptor stated, it’s the easy one, did it myself back in February (I think)