A build 13 years in the making

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im not a Ford fan boy, I've just always liked the way F150s look compared to the other brands. With that said, this is actually my 6th F150 and will be the first one I actually modify. Sure, I had a 2004 Scab with long travel but I bought it that way and honestly it was a POS. I grew up in Southern Califonia, spend nearly every weekend at the desert. Motorcycles, buggies, UTVs, "prerunners", I've had them all. Late 2008 I enlisted in the Marine Corps, 6 months later I was sitting in the sands of Afghanistan. One fateful night I was at the rec center and saw Ford was releasing the Raptor. I fell in love with the idea of having a desert capable truck that had a factory warranty. I wanted one immediately but as a young Marine there was no way i could afford it. I almost bought a used one when they stopped producing the Gen 1 but it just didn't work out. Leased a 2014 3.5 fx4, It had cam phaser issues. Traded it in for a 2018 3.5 fx4 that I again leased because of the issues with my previous truck. The 2018 treated me well and I enjoyed the truck. I ended up purchasing it at the end of the lease and got an second party extended warranty because of the issues i had with the 14. 90k miles and the engine blows driving down the freeway. Its been in the shop since June of 2020 waiting on parts, labor shortage and the fact the warranty company doesn't want to cover it. I needed a truck and was looking at new 2021s but with the dealer markups and scarce availability of the options i wanted I was extremely hesitant. I found a 2021 that was optioned out the way I wanted and reluctantly went to the dealer to make the purchase. As fate would have it, sitting right next to the 2021 I was interested in was a 2020 gen 2 Raptor the same color I wanted, same options i wanted and 10k less than the fx4 i went there to buy. Well, there is a Raptor in my driveway now and this is it build thread.

OP
OP
Who_tf_is_Bernard
Reaction score
I am no means a mechanic but I do know how to wrench. Everything that has been done to the truck from stock was done by me and everything that i plan on doing will also be done by me. I hope to be able to help others learn from my experiences.
Current mods:
Method NV rims
SVC FMIC
SVC Baja frame cut bumper
Baja Designs 30" Onx6+ light bar
Dirt King shackles
Bakflip bed cover
SDI E-Click controller
Eibach coils
Cobb Accessport
@GooseTuned e50 and acn91 tune (new maps for e85 and acn91 in progress)
XDI HPFP
Whipple CAI
SPD catted downpips and turbo adapters

Ordered but havent installed:
SVC Mid travel front end
RPG RST18 w/ Fox 3.5 5 tube bypass
RPG Bump kit
Deaver +4HD
SPD equal length mid pipes

Plan to order:
Fiberglass fenders and bedsides
Vinyl wrap