A Big Fat Middle Finger to Most Dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
Hmmm... I wonder if they'd buy my Raptor. I paid MSRP, so maybe I could make $25k by flipping it to them!

Seriously though, what a bunch of idiots. How the heck would you turn down $30k over?
I was thinking the same thing. I'll sell mine for 105k today if they bought it! Get an easy 30k in profit lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't purchased a Ford since my 03 Cobra in 03. Buying my 21 raptor was the worst buying experience in my life. I've had approx 25 new cars over past 30 years (family buys as well) and this topped it all. I wanted to say *** it on countless occasions but didn't because I wanted one of these damn trucks. I now hate Ford But love my truck.
It all depends on the dealer; Ford as a company cannot control the dealership sales process. I purchased my truck new from Don Franklin Ford in Kentucky, it was most seamless vehicle purchase I’ve ever made. Salesman and finance manager were great, truck had a tank full of fuel and was immaculate.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every ford dealer I've called and stuck out, I'd be rich.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad fact is that if you are late to the game, then it is a nearly unwinnable one if you refuse to pay ADM. All of the MSRP deals are swept up early by local and out of town customers. If you want to get in late, you need to pay ADM.

I would start securing a MY22 at MSRP now.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on the dealer; Ford as a company cannot control the dealership sales process. I purchased my truck new from Don Franklin Ford in Kentucky, it was most seamless vehicle purchase I’ve ever made. Salesman and finance manager were great, truck had a tank full of fuel and was immaculate.

Agreed. Most issues with 'buying experience' has to do with the specific dealer or state regulations. In this case, Ford could be a part of the issue if the problem was delays and miscommunication on an ordered truck. Can't fully blame that on Ford though because of current supply issues. No mention of why the buying experience was bad though, so can't really say either way.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sad fact is that if you are late to the game, then it is a nearly unwinnable one if you refuse to pay ADM. All of the MSRP deals are swept up early by local and out of town customers. If you want to get in late, you need to pay ADM.

I would start securing a MY22 at MSRP now.
You are correct. And the real sad fact is I want it and so decided I, of all people, would be willing to pay over MSRP, but not a lot over. No one even has any however. Story of my life, Trying to go up the down staircase.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I continue searching and calling. Finally spoke to Jorge Lopez of Tomball Ford. He has a Youtube channel where he has always stated no markup, we sell at MSRP. Supposedly people travel far and wide to get Raptors from him. Okay, I figure it'd be worth a trip to Texas. Never been.

Well, all's not always how it seems. Here's his deal, which I must say is better than what I've encountered, but nothing to write home about.

1. Must agree to finance through them. I guess if the rate is competitive and you weren't adamant about paying all cash that's no big deal.

2. $4,000 down payment. Also no big deal.

3. The kicker. Must buy their 100k mile extended warranty, supposedly honored around the US, for $4600.

So from my searching, I just got off the phone with 2 dealers, one at 10k over, another at 20k over, another who said they charge sticker, but it was a young salesman who I have a feeling had no clue what he was saying.

I may yet call Jorge back. Although I'm probably too late at this point.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I continue searching and calling. Finally spoke to Jorge Lopez of Tomball Ford. He has a Youtube channel where he has always stated no markup, we sell at MSRP. Supposedly people travel far and wide to get Raptors from him. Okay, I figure it'd be worth a trip to Texas. Never been.

Well, all's not always how it seems. Here's his deal, which I must say is better than what I've encountered, but nothing to write home about.

1. Must agree to finance through them. I guess if the rate is competitive and you weren't adamant about paying all cash that's no big deal.

2. $4,000 down payment. Also no big deal.

3. The kicker. Must buy their 100k mile extended warranty, supposedly honored around the US, for $4600.

So from my searching, I just got off the phone with 2 dealers, one at 10k over, another at 20k over, another who said they charge sticker, but it was a young salesman who I have a feeling had no clue what he was saying.

I may yet call Jorge back. Although I'm probably too late at this point.
Yeah I was in contact with him, but he never responded back after I told him what I was looking for. So basically a $4600 ADM….. or if we look at it glass half full, about a $2800 ADM if you compare a Flood ford warranty.