A Big Fat Middle Finger to Most Dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Time is Money. In which event, I should either be broke, remunerated, or both.

Perhaps late to the Gen3 game, sickening game at that, but the markups 95 percent of dealers are asking for Gen3, without even the 37” package, well, a pox on their house. I hope they sit on their lots and the bluebird of happiness craps all over the paint.

$20k over sticker????

105k or more for a Raptor? Yeah, call me an old fuddy duddy, (call me daddy too like R. Kelly), but that’s SClass money. Absurd.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately people pay it, or the ADM wouldn’t exist. I got tired of spending so much time calling and texting and emailing so I caved and found a $2k markup. $2k was worth my time like you said.

One thing I’m noticing is the MSRP dealers either have a long list without enough allocations or they’ve jumped on the ADM bandwagon as well. Stick to the small town dealers- they are your only hope.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Thread #28 bitc h I n g about ADM's. No new news. Either way pay it or find a dealer who sells at MSRP--plenty out there. Just need to put in the work. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Fun--no. Fact of life--yes.

Can always buy TRX...oh wait some said they are not taking orders any more.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i’m a free market, supply / demand kind of guy. and really try hard to not be upset or surprised by all this.

i’ve been into specialty vehicles for a long time and this is just another in a long line. same scene. different car.

i do want to give extra points, kudos, and respect for both using and spelling “remuneration” properly.

:)

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i’m a free market, supply / demand kind of guy. and really try hard to not be upset or surprised by all this.

i’ve been into specialty vehicles for a long time and this is just another in a long line. same scene. different car.

i do want to give extra points, kudos, and respect for both using and spelling “remuneration” properly.

:)
Well, thank you for the compliment, or is it complement? ;-)

Ya know, I gots me a friend who owns a junk yard in The Bronx, New Yawk. He calls it a high end used parts center. But it's a junk yard. He makes a lot of 'scarole. It's big business, especially in NYC. But he's not the most well edumacated dude. He once told me, "Hey, Mark, I got a bone to pick. I do all these favors for people, yet no one repissrocates." :D

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thread #28 bitc h I n g about ADM's. No new news. Either way pay it or find a dealer who sells at MSRP--plenty out there. Just need to put in the work. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Fun--no. Fact of life--yes.

Can always buy TRX...oh wait some said they are not taking orders any more.
Just don't want you thinking I'm lazy or nuttin. In fact, this thread stems from a damn lot of work I put in, calling dealers in a 250 mile radius. Every damn one, except for one, wants between 10 and 20k over MSRP, and those aren't even the 37" Such a bargain. May they rot and rust on their lots.

One large dealership in Ct told me they do not mark up vehicles and just got an unexpected build slot for a Raptor. Dude told me he'd call me right back and never did. I didn't call him back as it happens to be where I bought my 2020 Raptor and didn't give them a sterling review. So maybe they realized who I was and said ba fangool.