A Beaver and a H o r n y Toad on the Trail???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
My 3rd day on the Trail this week and my first encounter with a H o r n y Toad this spring. I always love seeing them on the Trail. They are so cool!! This guy, I think he was a guy, how would I Fning know, maybe he identified as a Non-Bianary Rattlesnake??
Anyway, he(?) was kind enough to pose for a few shots for me, an amazing creature.
Also spotted on the Trail was the Elusive Desert Beaver! Any day you see a Beaver in the Desert is a Great Day!!
Also featured in this thread is the Ambassador of the Desert, the Beautiful Joshua Tree! Each JT is unique and has its own special personality.
The Wildflower Show on the Trail Leading to the River was unmatched to any I have witnessed this spring.
Enjoy the Trail Ride…

2BD0CEBD-FBCC-4772-8478-54740AD74FCE.jpegD4A5AA50-913E-4E1E-9532-E14AF99390F9.jpegEA49514C-80A7-4E98-A8C8-F3CB24C2406F.jpegA4E5F657-0F6B-441B-AEBD-081FA2992D50.jpeg962FBFED-56CB-4E18-829E-31621E6217DC.jpeg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pics... When I grew up in South Texas, the toads were everywhere. Hardly couldn't walk out in the afternoon without seeing one. Couldn't pick up an old peice of plywood or pile of brush without seeing a few dime sized babies. These days, can't remember the last decade I've seen one in the wild :(

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice pics... When I grew up in South Texas, the toads were everywhere. Hardly couldn't walk out in the afternoon without seeing one. Couldn't pick up an old peice of plywood or pile of brush without seeing a few dime sized babies. These days, can't remember the last decade I've seen one in the wild :(
They mostly eat ants. But they can’t eat fire ants. So they’re starving.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same here, big red ants are the pimary food sourse and when I was growing up us heathen kids would blowup their home every July 4, young and dumb.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
They are protected now in NV, maybe Nation wide?
I feel extremely lucky to see 2-3 a year..