A 10 Year Dream!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not really..... Do I have the time..... hmmm.... yah... I’ll make the time for you sir!!

So the journey begins / Strap yourself in:

I bought this truck from a friend of mine who lived in Florida (No salt / snow) and and that friend offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse. Well.... What was the deal you say?... Below what most people pay for such a truck (And trust me on that). The guy knows everything about me, including my passion of Raptor ownership, as I had one plastered above my bunk for several years while serving with him. We spent 10 years side by side. Training, working, eating, fighting, crying, bleeding, laughing, war... You name it sir - we did it and mostly side by side (Battle buddy’s). Not much the guy doesn’t know about me at this point. The kinda guy you’d let F your sister. Anyway...

So.....The cost of sales tax was a hit to the face - Sure. Thanks for making me aware of that mystery Captain Obvious. However... After calling 8 local Ford dealerships and providing VIN, milage and pics I had an offer within 4 hours that still allowed me to break even. That’s a win right?

My friend knows that I’m already selling for a Gen 1 too. He could care less - He’s happy for me! I didn’t have a Gen 2 on my wall back then - LoL. He’s also aware I was chasing this particular Gen 1 owner for 3 months over the summer trying to get him to sell.

Now how the hell would he know that you ask? Well, that’s a great question indeed sir... That Gen 1 owner happens to be by best friends neighbor. “Wait... What!! Bull$hit” you say. It’s true - That same Gen 1 I’m talking about has been sitting in his neighbors 4 car garage since 2014 and he barely drives the thing!!! I know what your saying - And YES - The guy averages 2,840 miles a year with his Gen 1 Raptor!! It has 28,000 miles on it or right around that (Carfax screenshot below)

Needless to say, both my friend and his neighbor are financially well off and that’s putting it lightly. $hit.... Who gets a 2014 Gen 1 6.2L Boss MONSTER and doesn’t drive it or put it through it’s paces!?!? This guy - And god bless him for it because he was simply holding it for me!!! How he knew I was going to eventually become finically stable enough to afford one with two kids and a big a$$ mortgage, I have no idea.

I digress - Me having to explain myself to another Raptor owner on a forum meant to help people seems strange. Well it is gentlemen.... I was clearly mistaken while under the impression this is where mostly big di_ks hang out (Occasional jokes and a$$ play is certainly fine since you now know my background). However.... I seemed to have ruffled some feathers by “down grading” to a Gen 1.... *****. Downgrading in your opinion sure. On paper - Yes - But again if we go by the number and “science” don’t we all die of COV2 or ocean levels in 2.654 years?Regrets you say? Nah - Not this guy, but maybe you!

Oh well... Can’t win um all! This community seems mostly friendly and well mannered. Most grown men would bit their tongue standing in front of me in person, especially if tempted to make a statement of financial loss on someone else’s behalf. Oh well - Can’t win um all!!

Keyboard warriors are clearly breed in masses these days while real warriors are breed to calmly deal with such things with composure and “some” respect (I am of course human). You have the right and you’re entitled to say such things if you wish sir. I would know as much since I fought for them. But you also gave me the opportunity to tell such an amazing story and showcase what a Karen you are.... I clearly couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

Let’s Go Brandon!!
This goes without saying but I guess it needs to be said. Drive and own what the heck you want and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I'll speak for myself and say I appreciate you sharing your experience and passion for the Raptor.

OP
OP
HoneyBadger420
Reaction score
Thank
This goes without saying but I guess it needs to be said. Drive and own what the heck you want and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I'll speak for myself and say I appreciate you sharing your experience and passion for the Raptor.

Thank you sir!! I appreciate your support and glad you enjoyed ;)

OP
OP
HoneyBadger420
Reaction score
Quick Update:

The seller for the Gen 1 Raptor I was going to buy in Florida backed out. I’m still looking for a Gen 1, but I will be keeping my Gen 2 regardless of what comes my way!

Everything happens for a reason ;)

- HB

SCSVT

Reaction score
Best wishes on your hunt for a Gen 1! I’m brand new here, just traded my NA Roush F150 for a 2012 Raptor with 89k miles (bone stock). Would love to compare notes as I start on the truck. Catch you in the Gen1 forum hopefully!

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Update:

The seller for the Gen 1 Raptor I was going to buy in Florida backed out. I’m still looking for a Gen 1, but I will be keeping my Gen 2 regardless of what comes my way!

Everything happens for a reason ;)

- HB
Well...Welcome back! :) I think all of these trucks are pretty cool!

And as someone else mentioned... Thanks for your service as well.(RESPECT) My Father was in the Army. He served 2 tours in Vietnam as a special forces - Green Beret paratrooper. While he was a mean/tough SOB as a father, I always respected that about him.

Enjoy your truck!

DC

OP
OP
HoneyBadger420
Reaction score
Well...Welcome back! :) I think all of these trucks are pretty cool!

And as someone else mentioned... Thanks for your service as well.(RESPECT) My Father was in the Army. He served 2 tours in Vietnam as a special forces - Green Beret paratrooper. While he was a mean/tough SOB as a father, I always respected that about him.

Enjoy your truck!

DC
Thanks brother! Appreciate the kind words and thanks to your dad as well!! It takes a special kind of person with serious dedication to run with the SF crowd. He’s in good company ;)