$97. what am i buying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
I don't even have 93 up here... It's $5.06 (I think) for 91 here. And that's cheap.

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always get my cars right off the truck, and plan on doing the same when the Raptor comes in. Cars/trucks are pretty much running on fumes - but the dealer has always given me a voucher for a local Sunoco and let me fill it up with whatever I want!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Actually I believe its the extra 10 on 91..............
shit i think thats what im gonna do. back it off the truck, clean it up if it needs it, and slowly back away. im getting it linexed with a discount and id asked them if i could do that myself after id taken it, and thats what i think ill do. just park it somewhere where some ******* wont door-ding it, and give me a call. then lets head to the kwikshop for a kwik 91 fillup with complimentary topoff. just bring yur credit card. scoot over. ill drive. i wasnt real keen on anybody but me driving my truck before i had anyways.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shit i think thats what im gonna do. back it off the truck, clean it up if it needs it, and slowly back away. im getting it linexed with a discount and id asked them if i could do that myself after id taken it, and thats what i think ill do. just park it somewhere where some ******* wont door-ding it, and give me a call. then lets head to the kwikshop for a kwik 91 fillup with complimentary topoff. just bring yur credit card. scoot over. ill drive. i wasnt real keen on anybody but me driving my truck before i had anyways.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal -- wouldn't hurt to ask. It doesn't happen often but I don't want to deal with some ******* deciding to take it for a 5 minute joy-ride to gas up and gets a scratch or something on the way. My dealer knows how bat-shit crazy I am about my cars -- they don't even think about peeling plastic off or anyone else driving it. A couple of years ago when I ordered a GT500 they called me to tell me the delivery truck should be arriving within an hour -- I was there in 15 minutes. I think they fear getting sniped in the parking lot for even thinking about it!!

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It shouldn't be that big of a deal -- wouldn't hurt to ask. It doesn't happen often but I don't want to deal with some ******* deciding to take it for a 5 minute joy-ride to gas up and gets a scratch or something on the way. My dealer knows how bat-shit crazy I am about my cars -- they don't even think about peeling plastic off or anyone else driving it. A couple of years ago when I ordered a GT500 they called me to tell me the delivery truck should be arriving within an hour -- I was there in 15 minutes. I think they fear getting sniped in the parking lot for even thinking about it!!

my ranger already had a bad paint touch-up job done when i bought it (new). didnt notice til i got it home. looked like the driverside door had been rammed open into something and the dealer gobbed some paint on to hide it. not ****** with that shit again

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my ranger already had a bad paint touch-up job done when i bought it (new). didnt notice til i got it home. looked like the driverside door had been rammed open into something and the dealer gobbed some paint on to hide it. not ****** with that shit again

Thats exactly why I'm there to see it get off the truck. Few years ago saw a brand new Mustang with a torn up rear bumper from the truck. Wouldnt want to be the guy who bought that thing.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had asked my salesman to call my dealer here in Vegas (since I bought it out of state) to not wash my truck. Yea, check the oil and what not but do not even take the white stickers off, or anything inside the truck. On the plus side, its less work for them.

I had a bad experience with a dealer messing my paint up after washing it, it looked as if they used a sand paper to wash my car. It was a brand new black car with swirl marks all over the paint.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. A liter is about a quart.

I need to educate myself on advantages of higher octane. What do most people run? I was under the impression that an engine would run cooler on higher octane fuel.

higher octane is hotter and burns cleaner witch burns less fuel but ford sends them out rich so putting in higher octane leans the engine out. the computer compensates so you have to run a few tanks to get the proper tune. yes the truck self tunes. but I do have the diablosport and love it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I don't think they have to put gas in for you but most do. I think the sales person pay's for it they want you to come back to them.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was filled up by the dealership and they threw in my first oil change in for free also. Checked on paperwork and no fuel charge on mine. As far as i am concerned it is cheap advertising if they treat you right and you bring them business.