9.75 axle bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i noticed slop vertically in my rear axle a few years ago. Thought maybe the axle bearings were getting bad. the rear wheels would also click as i would come to a stop on sorta bumpy road. I did some internet research and concluded that i didn't like the style of the oem/sterling bearings. I found some SKF's that had 3 more rollers than oem and no cage spacing them. Right ,wrong, or indifferent i thought this style was better assuming the axle shaft had more surface area making contact on the bearing. Both bearings had same asian markings, one could assume they are made by the same manufacturer? They were the same price or a tad more than tasca as well. first drive it was a lot smoother ride and the clicking noise is gone. i couldn't find any info on this subject w raptors or even with play trucks that are off road a lot. Actually when i told the auto parts the year of my truck (11), they were surprised i was looking for axle bearings. lol. Im looking for people's experiences with this and how long these bearings are lasting? my axle was salvaged from a used vehicle so i have no clue how many miles are on it. I've put 10-15k since I've had it. here are a few pics of my installation. look at the difference!!!!!!!

photo-151.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

image-3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo-152.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]