890 mile pick up and shake down drive impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Owspeed

Owspeed

Reaction score
Hey William, did you have to pay a dealer markup at courtesy or did you get it for msrp?
I did pay a mark-up. It first killed me to do so, but to get it first and on the front side of this Gen, I think I can live with it. It helps that Oregon charges no sales tax and 4 year reg is very reasonable, compared to my other vehicles reg'd in Cali. (houses in both states).

OP
OP
Owspeed

Owspeed

Reaction score
One week and just passed 1800 miles. Still so impressed with the new Raptor. Have used to haul a bunch of remodeling material this week to Lake Tahoe/Truckee/Reno. The heaviest load was about 750lbs of tiles boxes in the rear. about 2" of bed drop. Was averaging 16.7 miles per gallon (over about 850 miles).
A6655D35-E2FC-4B9C-ABE7-C66580EBA797_1_105_c.jpeg
4134ACE2-E00F-4B6C-8E53-17A59EA58FB3_1_105_c.jpeg
Also removed the "Raptor" badge. Wish it didn't say F150 imposed on the tailgate.

William
Santa Cruz, Ca

Last edited:

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One week and just passed 1800 miles. Still so impressed with the new Raptor. Have used to haul a bunch of remodeling material this week to Lake Tahoe/Truckee/Reno. Heaviest load was about 750lbs of tiles boxes in the rear. about 2" of bed drop. Was averaging 16.5 miles per gallon (over about 600 miles).
View attachment 322360
View attachment 322361
Also removed the "Raptor" badge. Wish it didn't say F150 imposed on the tailgate.

William
Santa Cruz, Ca
Why did you get rid of the Raptor badge?

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One week and just passed 1800 miles. Still so impressed with the new Raptor. Have used to haul a bunch of remodeling material this week to Lake Tahoe/Truckee/Reno. Heaviest load was about 750lbs of tiles boxes in the rear. about 2" of bed drop. Was averaging 16.5 miles per gallon (over about 600 miles).
View attachment 322360
View attachment 322361

William
Santa Cruz, Ca
Its your truck but the raptor badge is sweet imo

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might not agree that a Raptor handles even remotely closely to a sports sedan but I do agree that it looks cleaner without the "Raptor" badge on the rear. I think that you are going to expose a schism between guys that came up on Euro stuff where being debadged was 'cool' vs. the Monster Energy drink crowd wherein more stickers and adverts is more better. Raptor forums obviously tilt much more toward the latter.

I agree on the tail gate too--it would look way better without that giant "F-150" embossed in. Is there any new F-series that does not have that? Of course, you'd have to source one and paint it to match so you'd be looking at a lot of money. Just coat the truck with mud and it will disappear.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might not agree that a Raptor handles even remotely closely to a sports sedan but I do agree that it looks cleaner without the "Raptor" badge on the rear. I think that you are going to expose a schism between guys that came up on Euro stuff where being debadged was 'cool' vs. the Monster Energy drink crowd wherein more stickers and adverts is more better. Raptor forums obviously tilt much more toward the latter.

I agree on the tail gate too--it would look way better without that giant "F-150" embossed in. Is there any new F-series that does not have that? Of course, you'd have to source one and paint it to match so you'd be looking at a lot of money. Just coat the truck with mud and it will disappear.
fill in with bondo and paint at that point. lol

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck, congrats! For what it’s worth I think even the gen 2 is more comfortable and equally refined with my wife’s X5. The X5 handles better, but barely. Not an X5M, just a 35d with active suspension.