802 a b&o package subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samgovol

Reaction score
I received the kicker subwoofer as a surprise for Christmas.... When I took it in for installation... They informed me that it already had a subwoofer???

Does anyone know if this different than the kicker system?? Better it same??? The dealer said they don't know??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 2013/2015/2017 with the full Sony system and I reached out to Kicker and they said the kicker sub would not work with the Sony system only the lower end system with no subwoofer.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that but I would call kicker and ask if it’s compatible.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Ok I just called kicker and technical support said they do not have anything that would work in a Raptor at all, he said you would have to go full aftermarket system.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You should be able to implement a sub using speaker level inputs the same way the ’15-’17 F150 Sony customers have

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/added-sub-52819/?highlight=added
Trust me, 100w or whatever the factory Kicker option is rated at, is not enough. I’ve got a full 300w with only better speakers added to the stock Sony system and I think 400-450w would be ideal.

Dynamat around the enclosure will help too.

Don’t be discouraged. The disdainful look the wife shoots you when
1) a Quiet Riot song is played
2) you instantly max the volume

is absolutely worth it. :biggrin:

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed all Kicker stuff in my 17 Raptor with the 802A pkg and the powered Kicker (oem style plug and play) sub works fine. I'm pretty sure that the issues revolve around the auto start stop feature which I disabled when I installed my MPT tunes. HUGE upgrade in the sound quality and quite a bit more volume too.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just to follow up - with the aftermarket Kicker sub and Kenwood 300w amp, I still run auto stop/start (ASS) and it the sub and amp have faired fine for the better part of... about 6 months. Unfortunately, with speaker level inputs, when the ASS shuts off the truck, it whacks the signal to the speaker inputs for the sub so the sub cuts off. There’ probably an amp longevity concern Ford considered here, but I can inexpensively replace the amp if that’s needed.

good luck

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford Kicker option is 100W. The regular Kicker is 200W... I am sure they are both overrated as far as power. The Ford Kicker option has a Silver amp that is a bit smaller than the regular Kicker. The regular kicker Sub has a black amp that appears one to two inches longer.
I inquired if the larger amp could be purchases on its own but was told I could not / was not compatible..... At the same time I got the feeling it was a canned response and the person I was talking to didn't really know.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 18 with BO I simply added a sub and box running off the factory amp, no idea how many watts, but it's a 2 channel, so i run a channel to each voice coil. It's a image dynamics dvc 4 ohm, in a fox acoustics ported box, big but sounds really good and drives really low.