801A vs 802A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I went with the 802a package mostly because I thought the non BLIS tailights make the truck look horrible. I really like all the extra features as they are all useful .. I was kicking myself for not adding the Tech package but I have the lane departure and adaptive CC on my Audi and I turn both off .. lane departure gets screwy on nyc highways and in 2 years I used the CC once ... I'm really happy with the 802a package w/o the tech package ..

Exact same. And went 802a because i wanted all the goodies. Figured I'd never use the tech pkg. Wish I could've got the carbon fiber though

rock342

Reaction score
How much are you saving by going 801 and then adding 4 and 5 major options? seems like your saving maybe just a couple thousand...
Looking forward to the adaptive CC....

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the 802A (and tech package). It's awesome and makes this truck something special. It will help with retail a lot also! What's another 10k on a truck this expensive really?!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

if you are going to off road the front camera is useful

I use it daily to park as well.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
801A with larger screen nav, Money was not an issue, i wrote a check for it. I wanted something with least amount of electronics to avoid future headaches. I lived perfectly fine without tech package nannies and i will be fine without them. I like least amount of interference from driving which i enjoy immensely. I owned a 07 gt3 with no options when people were ordering them with everything imaginable. Last year i sold it to a guy for same amount i payed for new because he wanted a niche car with no options because he thought less options less weight and more driver's involvement. This is my point of view. I respect people who like loaded cars and use all the options they pay for. It is a preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went 801 and added what I wanted which there was a bunch of things but the rest I did not need, saved a few grand, works for me, YMMV.

I also wanted a real fvcking key! I'm old, I am used to having keys...

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
801, no 2nd thoughts
remote start, Torsen front, tailgate applique, led mirror spots, led bed lights, standard equipment in Canada
10_edited_7ad64420ea066623bc166efae1e2f907a148aef6.jpg

Last edited:

Mystical'96

Reaction score
The one thing that drove me into the 802a was the memory seats. My wife is 5'2" and I am 6'2"- it would have been a royal PITA if we didn't get it. And now that I have it, I can't imagine not having the cooled seats and front camera. Its really easy to get spoiled with the 802a!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally did NOT want all the electronic shit. Too much beeping at me, too much shit to break, and I dont believe it is necessary if you can actually drive.

I also rarely drive on the highway, and half the roads I drive arent lined, so adaptive cruise, BLIS, lane keeping, etc would be useless.