801A vs 802A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrblonde

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Would like your opinions. It's a $6K difference between the two and I'm leaning towards the 801A.
Things I don't care about:
The 4.10 front diff.
The front camera.
Brake controller.
Dual zone AC.

I would add the heated mirrors and remote start.
What I do want is the 8" touch screen. Mostly to be used for nav as a GPS. Is the nav/GPS included in the 801? Is there a monthly charge?
Do any of the 801 guys wish they got 802 and do any of the 802 guys wish they hadn't.
Thanks

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Would like your opinions. It's a $6K difference between the two and I'm leaning towards the 801A.
Things I don't care about:
The 4.10 front diff.
The front camera.
Brake controller.
Dual zone AC.

I would add the heated mirrors and remote start.
What I do want is the 8" touch screen. Mostly to be used for nav as a GPS. Is the nav/GPS included in the 801? Is there a monthly charge?
Do any of the 801 guys wish they got 802 and do any of the 802 guys wish they hadn't.
Thanks

8" touch screen is included in both 801 and 802 (I have 801A). The large screen on the gauge cluster (speedo/tach) however is replaced by a small screen unless you get the 802.

OP
OP
mrblonde

mrblonde

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't see that on the Ford site about the smaller info screen.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I have an 801 and love it. I didn't want all the tech stuff everywhere. I wanted leather, heated seats, and bigger touchscreen 801 it is. No it doesn't have GPS BUT if you hook your iPhone or Droid to its app google maps does mirror onto your sync system and screen. Works just like factory navigation. No fees. Good luck. Oh and I added remote start for 195 so that's an option too for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
I ordered a 801A with all the options except moon roof, trailer assit, and beadlocks which saved me around 5k... I do miss the ac seats and the larger dash screen with more functionality but for me the extra 5k was better spent of baja design leds, omf forged beadlocks, and recovery gear...

Ive been seriously contemplating ordered a 802 for my next truck only because i want the orange accents and ac seats.

2017Raptor_MD

Reaction score
I went with the 801A and am kicking myself for doing it. It's not that I couldn't afford the 802A but I'm a cheap bastard that always overthinks purchases trying to get cheapest value to meet all my wants and likes. I cut out some things I didn't need but look back after the fact and think...it's my dream truck why didn't I just spend the damn money...lmao. Honest answer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went about the same route as Azholley.

801A then added the following options:
- Blind spot monitoring
- Moonroof
- Remote Start
- Sync Connect
- 360 Camera
- 4.10 front torsen diff.

I opted out of adding the navigation since the Sync 3 system comes with Android Auto and Apple Carplay which IMO works way better for navigation since it uses google's maps.

Good luck with the order

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
801a here

remote start
4.10 front diff
moonroof
bedliner

love it except I have no nav. I can not get android auto to function.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford pretty much forces you to order the 802A package.

IMO it's either a stripper 800A (which nobody buys) or an 802A. If you sign up for 801A, you're paying ~$60k for a truck that still lacks a ton of modern amenities. Might as well spend the extra ~10% and get a loaded truck.