801A or 802A???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have a few questions for the group and want your opinions please.

I currently have on order a 17 Supercrew
801A
-white
-tail gate step
-remote start
-front torsen
-BLIS
-LED side mirrors lights
-LED bed light
-Manual side mirrors with heat
-17in bead locks
-pro back up
-brake controller
-kicker woofer
-sync connect
-navagation

MSRP $61548

My question is ??? With out 802A the sound system is not the 700w sony system? what will it sound like?
Also you don't get climate control just base HVAC system and no cooed seats?
The 802A is another 3K is it worth it?
With 802A my MSRP will be $64540 but I added carbon fiber int

Not sure what to do,this thing is getting pricey!!! but don't want to regret getting the 801A package. I always buy the top packages on anything I order.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All OEM sound systems suck IMO, they just cannot do LOUD. Just depends on how you use it. If you want windows down and music up- nothing Ford offers will make you happy.

I don't care much for auto climate control. I do like the cooled seats in my 2013, even though they don't work all that great.

OP
OP
Perauto

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your right,I actually just re did the build on line WO carbon fiber to see costs again. I think I am going to change my order and color to Blue??? I has a Blue 13 Raptor and loved the color .

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to have power folding mirror, I hate to manually fold my passenger mirror every time I park. That is only offered in 802A

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too struggled with this one as I was trying to control costs. I reluctantly ended up ordering the 802A because it included a few things that I really wanted: Torsen diff up front, Sony stereo with sub, 360 camera, power folding mirrors, and trailer brake controller. The LED bed/mirror lights, larger instrument screen, and remote start are also nice, but the rest of the stuff I couldn't care less about.

After piecemealing what I wanted and adding options to the 801A, I was within $3k-$4k or so of the 802A. At that point, I said screw it, and ordered the 802A.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are spending over 60K on a pickup, don't let a couple thousand more keep you from getting what you really want. If 801 and 802 were the same price, what would you get? There's your answer.
Truth is, a 4x4 XLT would do more than most of us will ever require of a pickup.
Get the Raptor that you want. You might be dead next year.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good degree of my kind of logic in that statement...also,\if you are seriously already in this price\point for type of truck arena, go for what you want or may want and be more than satisfied.
I think I ordered almost everything, minus graphics, tailgate garb, and heated steering wheel, though for its cost, I should have thrown it in as well even if it would be astretch to use a few times in a year!

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

that was throw in heated steering wheel - I never have nor do I now want any graphics or tailgate applique. Im more thankful that they were not a standard on the truck

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are spending over 60K on a pickup, don't let a couple thousand more keep you from getting what you really want. If 801 and 802 were the same price, what would you get? There's your answer.
Truth is, a 4x4 XLT would do more than most of us will ever require of a pickup.
Get the Raptor that you want. You might be dead next year.

Pretty much this.....I went with 802a.