800A Radio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tilltheend

Reaction score
Looking at a truck that has the base sync 1 system in it. I have the Luxury group in my 13 now and this time around I want to spend that 10k upgrade on fun stuff... Question is has anyone upgraded that 4" screen to an aftermarket head unit Alpine or something with carplay? Local sound shops are having issues finding a bezel ect. I want to avoid the 801a leather group if possible... Or am I better just mounting up a full time ipad to handle all the navigation on and off road ect.....

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at a truck that has the base sync 1 system in it. I have the Luxury group in my 13 now and this time around I want to spend that 10k upgrade on fun stuff... Question is has anyone upgraded that 4" screen to an aftermarket head unit Alpine or something with carplay? Local sound shops are having issues finding a bezel ect. I want to avoid the 801a leather group if possible... Or am I better just mounting up a full time ipad to handle all the navigation on and off road ect.....

I upgraded my 4” screen to the OEM 8” Sync 3 screen with CarPlay. Total cost around $300. It took a couple days of searching www.car-part.com for the screen, APIM (computer), and bezel. No wiring harness modifications - it was all plug and play.

I’m going to do a full write up soon on my build post if you’re interested in something OEM. I’m really happy with the upgrade. The 4” system really doesn’t belong in the Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my 4” screen to the OEM 8” Sync 3 screen with CarPlay. Total cost around $300. It took a couple days of searching Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for the screen, APIM (computer), and bezel. No wiring harness modifications - it was all plug and play.

I’m going to do a full write up soon on my build post if you’re interested in something OEM. I’m really happy with the upgrade. The 4” system really doesn’t belong in the Raptor.

I can't wait for your write up. I am challenged when it comes to electronic mods, so hopefully it is something that I can handle.

OP
OP
T

tilltheend

Reaction score
I upgraded my 4” screen to the OEM 8” Sync 3 screen with CarPlay. Total cost around $300. It took a couple days of searching Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for the screen, APIM (computer), and bezel. No wiring harness modifications - it was all plug and play.

Definitely interested, I saw the kits for $2k plus but didn't think that was worth it.

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for your write up. I am challenged when it comes to electronic mods, so hopefully it is something that I can handle.

I should be able to get it up this weekend. You’re going to be surprised how easy it is - I was.

mata

Reaction score
interested in this writeup as well

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
radio upgrade

so i can pull parts from salvage yard with 8 inch screen and its plug and play? Please send me some info or PM me, i so want to do this