Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

800a or 801a?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Carbonalpine, Jun 25, 2019.

1. brianh87

brianh87 Member

An 800a does include a backup camera. All vehicles now do, since sometime in 2018. I went with an 800a just because I didn't really need anything in an 801a. Obviously, I would have loved to get an 802a, but it was just too much over budget for me. I think you'll be happy either way. After all, you still get the suspension and powertrain with any package.

2. Kahuna

Kahuna Boats n Hoes

3. Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine Member

Not yet, I'm between a 802a they have in transit or a 800a, the difference is $9200. The 802a also has panoramic roof and tech package. If Im not mistaken maybe CF package also.

I have no budget, but I wanted to get a deal and i'm guessing a 802a $8300 under msrp is too good to pass while others in my neck of the woods are paying msrp and some even over.

The 800a is the safe bet in case I don't like it a few months down the line, resale won't beat me up too bad. I'm coming from a 2014 4 door Wrangler lifted with a bunch of off road equip. Let's see tomorrow, I'm obviously overthinking this.

Thanks for all your inputs

Kahuna likes this.
  4. GCATX

GCATX Full Access Member

You are overthinking this. If others are paying over invoice around you, buy the 802a and sell it to some sucker for $8300 under invoice, if you don't like it. You make it sound like you're rich, if so, get what you want. There is really no wrong decision.

Carbonalpine likes this.
  5. Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine Member

You are correct, I heave health and an amazing daughter...wife might be another story. That's my true wealth. I gotta tell ya' this forum is very active and helpful, I appreciate you guys helping a newbie out. I've been on wrangler forums and 6speedonline, but I already feel at home here.

6. BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor Full Access Member

Thinking of trading in your 2018/2019 Rubicon already?

7. Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine Member

No, I have a 2014 JKUR I’m replacing with Raptor. 2019 JLUR is my wife’s, and even though that rig is all over the roads, we are used to it

8. davidl81

davidl81 Full Access Member

The 802a package is pretty nice. While it’s not luxury levels, it’s pretty nice to have. Especially useful if it’s your DD.

9. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

I like my 801a truck that had some additional "a la carte" options like pano roof/remote start/BLIS & trailer assist/LED spot lights + bed lights/17" forged wheels some other stuff I'm forgetting. I've said it a number of times - the ONLY thing that I wish it had that it doesn't is memory seats lol - that is seriously the only big thing.

I don't know if Sync3/locking tailgate/adjustable pedals are all standard or not on 801a but has that stuff, anyhow look at the window sticker attached I think the dealer did a good job adding the right options to this 801a truck to straddle the delta price & options wise between 801-802a

I like the front locking diff + 360 front camera too, everything else? Not as impressed. I'm coming from a loaded up 6.2 SLT trim GMC all terrain, really within spitting distance of loaded Denali & I gave up some creature comforts w/ the Raptor (like power folding mirrors) but my 801a truck as spec'd out is comparable.

The 802a has push button start vs. standard key...sounds like its "push button until it cracks & breaks to start then order another button" - and I dislike push button/smart key anyhow (particularly when you already have keypad entry on the door)

raptor sticker.jpg

10. Knot Now

Knot Now Full Access Member

800a has Sync3/locking tailgate