8.22.22 Build Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!!

37 Raptor/PP/Bedliner
12/02/21 order date
8/22/22 build date that pushed to 9/22/22
Built 10/18/22
Shipped 10/19/22
Sat in Railyard parking lot for 2 weeks (10/26-11/9)
11/10/22 -at Dealership
I pick it up on Saturday!!

What a crazy experience it’s been! The lesson here is to just forget about it until they contact you. It was maddening tracking and checking in, calling FP, etc…First world problems for sure!
I’ll buy that from you.

Reaction score
Here I am trying to move on from my truck that’s stuck on chip hold for 75 days and find a truck at Clement Ford in the Saint Louis area (a 4 hour drive). Asked them what they wanted for the truck and it had a $5k ADM which I accepted. Here’s the text I get back after I had my hopes up. The definition of c*cksuckers. Ford should be ashamed to be business partners with a trash can place like this.

Attachments

• 8BE879BF-6128-4E62-B679-6C69B991E1E1.png
    8BE879BF-6128-4E62-B679-6C69B991E1E1.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 57

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here I am trying to move on from my truck that’s stuck on chip hold for 75 days and find a truck at Clement Ford in the Saint Louis area (a 4 hour drive). Asked them what they wanted for the truck and it had a $5k ADM which I accepted. Here’s the text I get back after I had my hopes up. The definition of c*cksuckers. Ford should be ashamed to be business partners with a trash can place like this.
That’s a stupid reason for wanting more.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I agree that if they said $5K then wanted $10 is BS. BUT, I can also appreciate a local buyer will get their Raptor serviced at the dealer vs selling to out of state person whom he'll never see again. I hate people buying Raptors in TX from out of state but I also know most will get bent over and I'm ok with that, because they are taking Raptors from local buyers.

Can see both sides but understand your frustration.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that if they said $5K then wanted $10 is BS. BUT, I can also appreciate a local buyer will get their Raptor serviced at the dealer vs selling to out of state person whom he'll never see again. I hate people buying Raptors in TX from out of state but I also know most will get bent over and I'm ok with that, because they are taking Raptors from local buyers.

Agree. Same story here in utah

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Those Cali guys sticking their straw down here and drinking our milkshake.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my good friend who helped get my truck pulled for build at a small dealer who did not have an allocation. He said there are 15K F150s sitting on chip hold but those should be coming in 11/16-11/26. From there he thinks they are pushing out a bunch of trucks but shipping will bottle neck. He literally told me that he'd contact the guy and get my truck to front of line then track it so it would come out of rail yard on semi first also.

I hope some of you are sitting. . .he told me that if he does this it could still be mid December. This is solid inside information.

He also told me that price protection is pretty poor communication along Ford line. Dealers have to submit for basically a reimbursement on the invoice and it take 75-90 days so lots don't like to do it if they don't have to. I think for some of us, being end of year buys this is especially problematic as this shifts those two transactions in separate fiscal years. As a business owner that would **** me off but he told me the dealer I'm working with "should be good."

Hey, at least we are buying Raptors and not 5 year old Dodge Rams. Perspective.

SSI2022

Reaction score
Pretty tough update from my dealer. He claims the Ford estimator he has seems to be on repeat for my 8/24 Blend date. Every month around the 10th-14th...Ford moves my ETA exactly 30 days. He now shows Dec 12 for my estimate. I am pretty sure that must be standard procedure during these "holds"....but wow.
I found a 22 Raptor (Blend date was 10/14/22- how the f did he get this truck ahead of us?) at a dealership this week and they were asking 15 over....I told the guy I would NEVER call them again. This practice of marking up 5-15K is understandable as too many folks have free cash to make unwise purchases and these dealers phones are wide open on these trucks. I am of the belief that inventory is going to improve quickly as rates spike and cash availability wanes in the new year. The ****** dealerships will regret these markups.
At least I feel I picked a great dealer and he is sticking to my original invoice from Nov 2021...
I may send my wife to get the truck completed. She would be like a spider monkey on that lot and get the units that got moved there first, out first. Unlike Ford.
Good Luck Everyone

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty tough update from my dealer. He claims the Ford estimator he has seems to be on repeat for my 8/24 Blend date. Every month around the 10th-14th...Ford moves my ETA exactly 30 days. He now shows Dec 12 for my estimate. I am pretty sure that must be standard procedure during these "holds"....but wow.
I found a 22 Raptor (Blend date was 10/14/22- how the f did he get this truck ahead of us?) at a dealership this week and they were asking 15 over....I told the guy I would NEVER call them again. This practice of marking up 5-15K is understandable as too many folks have free cash to make unwise purchases and these dealers phones are wide open on these trucks. I am of the belief that inventory is going to improve quickly as rates spike and cash availability wanes in the new year. The ****** dealerships will regret these markups.
At least I feel I picked a great dealer and he is sticking to my original invoice from Nov 2021...
I may send my wife to get the truck completed. She would be like a spider monkey on that lot and get the units that got moved there first, out first. Unlike Ford.
Good Luck Everyone
Ford is doing this to everyone... I ordered my '22 Raptor on Feb 1, 2022. 3 Raptors showed up on a local lot in August. The dealership asked $20 over for them and after about 2 months they finally sold.

Yet here I sit without a VIN (now re-ordered '23), and you sit on a chip hold. Nothing like ******** over the customers who signed the paperwork compared to giving a dealership 1, 2, or 3 trucks they can mark up and everyone makes more money.

Attachments

• 20220805  Ford Raptor at Kayser  6  CBR.jpg
    20220805 Ford Raptor at Kayser 6 CBR.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 13

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blend date was 10/14/22- how the f did he get this truck ahead of us?

Only theory there that still makes sense in my mind is that a part installed on all your guys trucks failed QA and is waiting on a fix/replacement. Mine had a 9/7 blend date and was delivered 10/13 or so.

Ford is doing this to everyone... I ordered my '22 Raptor on Feb 1, 2022. 3 Raptors showed up on a local lot in August. The dealership asked $20 over for them and after about 2 months they finally sold.

Yet here I sit without a VIN (now re-ordered '23), and you sit on a chip hold. Nothing like ******** over the customers who signed the paperwork compared to giving a dealership 1, 2, or 3 trucks they can mark up and everyone makes more money.

This is not the same thing, this is a lack of allocation.