8.22.22 Build Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frozenvigoss

Reaction score
I do the exact same thing if not more than 3 times per day. My dealer says mine is still listed as chip hold. While ETA dates havent changed yet
Same here. Dealer told me chip hold this morning with 09/09 ETA. But he doubt anything would change on the 9th.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they keep you on track. Mine has been sitting at the rail yard 40 minutes from the dealer for a month now and Ford Performance keeps pushing the delivery window a week back each week.
My one consolation is that I’m convoy, no rail.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted ford performance this morning. still says eta of 8-30 to 9-5 but is produced in production with no stated holds. He said more then likely waiting for micro chips but doesn't say it is on their end. salesman said micro chips so who knows. some day lol

jnrush16

Reaction score
Update: Called ford corporate 800-392-3673, and they said it's on microchip hold. They stated the longest it will sit "should be" 30 days, worst case scenario. Also, my dingus salesman finally checked with the zone rep, who said my build shows 9/26. So, I assume that's how long until the microchip portion gets resolved and the truck can officially be stated as "built". What a fuster cluck.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to corporate as well, interesting info. Super nice guy.

There’s a big batch of trucks built, apparently mine failed a QA step and it’s waiting on a chip as a replacement for whatever it failed. I’d assume maybe that’s what happened to all of these trucks that are waiting? Idk.

The guy said the “ETA” date for trucks that haven’t shipped yet is typically when the production team expects the parts/chips they are waiting on. Sept 10 for me, hope they get some chips this weekend! We shall see.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to corporate as well, interesting info. Super nice guy.

There’s a big batch of trucks built, apparently mine failed a QA step and it’s waiting on a chip as a replacement for whatever it failed. I’d assume maybe that’s what happened to all of these trucks that are waiting? Idk.

The guy said the “ETA” date for trucks that haven’t shipped yet is typically when the production team expects the parts/chips they are waiting on. Sept 10 for me, hope they get some chips this weekend! We shall see.
Thanks Munch, good info.