GEN 2 72,500 mile performance check…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve been running E50 for a few years now. A little while back I finally needed tires at so I bought new C-rated K02s and a set of much lighter Motegi TraiLite wheels.

The fuel was down around 1/4 tank, so I decided to do another 1/4 mile check to see how the performance may have decreased (or not) with a lot of miles.

The truck is still the same as last tested at [email protected] back in March 2021. As in its still stock (including the original spark plugs) except the tune, Mishimoto intercooler, and AEM air filter. Well it now has aftermarket wheels. Oh yeah, I did just add 1 more deg of borderline timing.

The run today was [email protected], so a solid tenth+ quicker at essentially the same speed. It was a tenth+ quicker at 60ft, 2+ quicker to 60mph(4.00!), 2+ quicker at 1/8 mile, then slowed(!) to only 1+ tenth quicker at the big end for the finish. Zero knock detected, so I might add another degree timing for more mph.

Bottom line is zero power lost to age/mileage as the trap speed shows, but with an improvement in the elapsed time. I’m happy with that…

C9D8D58E-C8CB-4A5D-A8F1-A8ED742B4E13.jpeg552E1520-6B7D-4E58-9AD6-7721DA97F68F.jpeg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve been running E50 for a few years now. A little while back I finally needed tires at so I bought new C-rated K02s and a set of much lighter Motegi TraiLite wheels.

The fuel was down around 1/4 tank, so I decided to do another 1/4 mile check to see how the performance may have decreased (or not) with a lot of miles.

The truck is still the same as last tested at [email protected] back in March 2021. As in its still stock (including the original spark plugs) except the tune, Mishimoto intercooler, and AEM air filter. Well it now has aftermarket wheels. Oh yeah, I did just add 1 more deg of borderline timing.

The run today was [email protected], so a solid tenth+ quicker at essentially the same speed. It was a tenth+ quicker at 60ft, 2+ quicker to 60mph(4.00!), 2+ quicker at 1/8 mile, then slowed(!) to only 1+ tenth quicker at the big end for the finish. Zero knock detected, so I might add another degree timing for more mph.

Bottom line is zero power lost to age/mileage as the trap speed shows, but with an improvement in the elapsed time. I’m happy with that…

View attachment 373047View attachment 373055
Thanks for sharing!