7 Keyholes - Gold Butte National Monument

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Great pics as usual. Anything interesting live in those big holes in the rock formations?
Mostly just Kangaroo Rats and Birds. I was told by a ranger that most of the holes are created by wind, rain and little rocks that will get in a hole and spin around?? Sounds pretty crazy to me but it's all Navajo Sandstone and can be pretty soft. All I know for sure is you fell like your on another planet:favorites37:

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I really try not to take for granted what an Insane Off-Roading and Hiking Base Camp Vegas is...8hr drive I can be anywhere from Silverton Co to Moab. 3hrs or less I have Southern UT and endless routes out of my back door. When I hear folks talk about having to pay at an Off-Roading Park I want to cry. My wife talks about moving back to KS??? Like Curly Bill said in Tombstone....WELL BYE...:grd::grd:

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love those rock formations, they are very cool. Another few years and I will be moving somewhere out that way. AZ, Nevada, or Utah depending what housing prices are doing at the time. I've enjoyed all three. My dad just turned 99, I have to stay local to take care of him while he's still here.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I love those rock formations, they are very cool. Another few years and I will be moving somewhere out that way. AZ, Nevada, or Utah depending what housing prices are doing at the time. I've enjoyed all three. My dad just turned 99, I have to stay local to take care of him while he's still here.
Your a Good Man Charlie Brown, Family First!:hunter:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your a Good Man Charlie Brown, Family First!:hunter:
Thanks. He was always a great dad, I figure it's my turn to take care of him now. Everyone in our family has passed except for him and I.

I always love your pics. Every trip I've made out in your area I had an awesome time and loved that whole region.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
here's a crazy one for you, what do you see? I see the creature from the black Lagoon with a Mountain goat on his nose, but..it could just be that my meds are off:anitoof::anitoof::anitoof:2017-01-14 LITTLE FINLAND 421.JPG