7.3 Gasser announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
your link takes you directly to a site that says it is direct injected.

The 3.5 is direct and port injected. What do you not understand? Not only that, you statement that "Direct Injection--not the same. Cannot have direct and port in the same vehicle. Do your research and it will be clear." Is ridiculous, as MANY vehicles have both.

The site was Ford and yes MB and Audi among others do that. Well "you statement" was not correct it was "your statement" . :) My GM motors are DI only and do not know why but I thought the combination injection was low pressure DI and hi pressure DI depending on demand. I believe in the post above acknowledged that was in fact the case so what is your point? Have not really done a lot of research in the ringy dingy motors as I will never own one or have any interest in them. The mention of the 5.2 possibly being a Raptor engine even if it is no longer a SVT vehicle just a F150 with different option codes is going to be very tempting for me to buy another Raptor.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Low pressure" DI is not a thing. DI means it's being injected (I) directly (D) into the cylinder after the air is already compressed. You need high pressure to do that.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Low pressure" DI is not a thing. DI means it's being injected (I) directly (D) into the cylinder after the air is already compressed. You need high pressure to do that.

Understand your comment however, it is or was being tested will see if I can find the information. Depending on demand lowers and raises pressure significantly.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I feel like we're pissing in the wind here....

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like we're pissing in the wind here....

I think he's saying that under light load, the cylinder pressures are lower, therefore the HP pump could run at a relatively lower pressure- possibly reducing the power needed to drive it and increase MPGs? I dunno. Must be a GM thing.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understand your comment however, it is or was being tested will see if I can find the information. Depending on demand lowers and raises pressure significantly.

Can’t lower cylinder pressures my friend. The injection either takes place behind the intake valve as it opens (port injection) or directly in the combustion chamber (direct).