7.3 Gasser announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In what mad hatter, alternate reality is someone who doesn’t even own a truck, and F150, a Raptor or even a vehicle at all, troll Ford Raptor Forum, gets banned 5 times and continues to troll.

In sasquatch77 - now kid ignoramus, reality. she keeps repeating the same false flags, blowing things out of proportion, trying to spread dissent and discord.

It must be a pretty sad, pathetic existence there ignoramus.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is more information to chew on. The 3.5 ecoboost is going away from Ford platforms in 2020 as the new 3L twin turbo replaces it.
Extrapolating this, it makes sense the 3.5 ecoboost is entirely going away and a 3L doesn't make sense in the F150. This means the 7.3 is most likely the replacement. 17-19 Raptor owners are going to be angry.
I guess we all just have to buy Dodges.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A bit behind the times there chief. The current 3.5L EcoBoost engines have both.

They spray some into the manifold with the port injection to keep the valves clean.

Direct Injection--not the same. Cannot have direct and port in the same vehicle. Do your research and it will be clear.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Direct Injection--not the same. Cannot have direct and port in the same vehicle.

Again- the current ford 3.5L EcoBoost is BOTH port injected, and direct injected. Ford is not the only one doing this. Go do some research.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again- the current ford 3.5L EcoBoost is BOTH port injected, and direct injected. Ford is not the only one doing this. Go do some research.

AAAHHHHHH yes I thought the low pressure component of the ford system was DI as well but it is not. Now the new 7.3 is port only. Learn something new everyday. Have quite a bit of experience in DI with oil burners and the GM gas motors. The Ford ringy dingy 6 bangers lost me. Why I am in a 6.7 BUT will be getting the 5.2 HP turbo the last year of this generation if what I read happens. :)

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The port injection is simply there to wash the backside of the valves. It's a boon for the aftermarket though, since they can easily put in more fuel that way without having to go to an expensive aftermarket high flow HPFP once they max out the stocker.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AAAHHHHHH yes I thought the low pressure component of the ford system was DI as well but it is not. Now the new 7.3 is port only. Learn something new everyday. Have quite a bit of experience in DI with oil burners and the GM gas motors. The Ford ringy dingy 6 bangers lost me. Why I am in a 6.7 BUT will be getting the 5.2 HP turbo the last year of this generation if what I read happens. :)

your link takes you directly to a site that says it is direct injected.

The 3.5 is direct and port injected. What do you not understand? Not only that, you statement that "Direct Injection--not the same. Cannot have direct and port in the same vehicle. Do your research and it will be clear." Is ridiculous, as MANY vehicles have both.